Descent into Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent into Madness

Well, After watching Kevin(Tpbmods) do mods for the last 3 years(, 2 CAMC, 1 CMWS, 6 BOTM, 5 client builds, 3 for me & several personal) I am taking his spot this year and I am entering my very first Canadian Amateurs. With his help for the sharp and dangerous part of modding, I will be creating what I call "Descent into Madness" an American McGee's Alice inspired case mod.

System specs:
    Cpu - Intel i3 8350k
    Mobo - Aorus z390
    Gpu - EVGA 1060
    Ram - 32gb Corsair vengeance RGB
    PSU - Seasonic 550w
    Cables - Tpbmods

Loop:
    Cpu - EKWB Supremacy rgb
    Gpu - EKWB GTX1080
    Pump/Res - Xres 140 Revo D5 RGB
    Rads - Swiftech 240/360
    Fittings - EKWB 10/16
    Fans - Swiftech Helix argb
    Last edited by MistressPipebomb; 10-06-2019, 06:56 PM.

So yesterday, we drove out and picked up my case. a used Phantek Eclipse p400s.

Comment

Welcome to the fray! I can only imagine how jelly Kevin is you get to enter and he doesnt :p I know you'll do him proud! Good luck and mod on madame!

Comment

Today, Kevin showed me how to drill out rivets, and use a dremel. It was definitely scary, and smelled awful.

Comment

Has your first Dremel disc exploded yet? That first one is an unnerving experience, LOL! But I'm guessing you have a damn good instructor there, so you will probably avoid that type of noob-ish stuff. Looking forward to this one!

Comment

Welcome to the competition! I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Comment

Good luck! To clarify, was Kevin scary and smelled bad or was that the dremel?

Comment

Originally posted by bms97 View Post
                Good luck! To clarify, was Kevin scary and smelled bad or was that the dremel?

First build here that I can remember () with pics of the modder in action . Nice job, both of you! Kevin is living vicariously

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post

First build here that I can remember () with pics of the modder in action . Nice job, both of you! Kevin is living vicariously
                  I had one last year, it is now my profile photo haha. But it's hard to photograph yourself working lol

Kevin gets ti act as a tripod !

Comment

Yeah, I meant the first with a dedicated photographer. Much easier to get the action shots that way without losing a finger!

Comment

Bartacus nothing exploded yet! bms97 both

Comment

Well, im a few weeks without doing any work on Descent into Madness; I lost my father on thanksgiving night after his 5 year fight with Frontotemporal lobe dementia.
                        After a bit of time to take in all that, and put him at rest; Kevin got me to come outside and play with some spraypaint.
                        I went with an abstract Hatter's Domain, but with blue instead of green for the panel behind the reservoir.

Comment

Ohh so sorry to hear about your father. Thatsvery sad ;(

As for your spraypaint... WOW. That looks absolutely FANTASTIC!

Comment

From my family to your's, our sincere condolences as well for you and your family.

I agree with SystemTech your paint job looks great!

Comment

Damn, that is sad, very sorry for your loss. But that is one HECK of an inspired paint job, love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X