Caselabs Reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caselabs Reborn

This project started when after i found out the digital flow meter don't really work So I had to order in an aquacomputer one to replace. Then it eventually expanded to include an Heatkiller Mo-Ra3 420 (after my friend decided not to go external rad). During planning, I realized the caselabs would be the better case to use the aquacomputer flow meter and the Mo-Ra3 setup. Most of the build is going to be transferred over from my PC-011XL in last year competition. Only thing that might change hardware wise is if the 3080TI comes out with Optimus block before end of year.

This is very much an build in planning phase designed with easy upgradability in mind for next couple of years. Effectively means i will be keeping this caselabs for the near future. Fittings color scheme (visible) will be royal blue with xe-nickel.

Parts carried over:
    3950X, X570 Hero VIII, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB DDr4-4000 (2 x 16GB), 1 x WD SN750, 1 x Samsung 960Pro, Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000 Watt, Optimus AM4 Foundation CPU Block, 2080TI with Heatkiller Block (if 3080TI isn't out by end of year) and Fittings/Quick Disconnects/Valves, 1 x HWL GTR 360mm Rad (pink), Aquacomputer AQ6LT, A12x25 fans, Lian Li Bora Digital ARGB, D5 Next

New Parts Planned: Unannounced Optimus Fan Mounted Reservoir, Unannounced Optimus 12mm HT Fittings (XE-Nickel), Optimus 3080TI waterblock and possible 2 x Heatkiller new upcoming radiator (45mm) or GTS360. Additional fittings if needed. Looking into getting in CPC LQ4 Quick Disconnects.

Recent Parts In: Heatkiller Mo-Ra3 with 9 x Arctic Cooling Bionix P140, Heatkiller Tube 150D5 with D5 Next, Bitspower Royal Blue Adapters, Extensions and Bitspower White Fittings plus its advanced 12mm HT fittings, Black Sparkle Brass Tubing and Optimus Xe-Nickel Compression Fittings, Aquacomputer Octo, Hubby 7, Aquabus High Flow USB Sensor.

Case Modding: Hopefully can get some modding done to the caselabs S8 including new custom extended top (60mm+) to support thicker rads, new front panel power/reset plate with usb type C and type A connections and maybe replace the acrylic panels with glass. This is no guarantee as they will take time and with supply chain issues, may take awhile to do.

Painting: May repaint parts of the case for two tone effect but uncertain.
    Last edited by section31; 06-11-2020, 01:44 AM.

I got some amazing results from the addition of the Mo-Ra3 420. Makes me wonder why I didn't get this lot earlier. I was already considering it back in 2018 and again in 2019. Can't wait to start moving it back to the caselabs S8.

https://imgur.com/a/zDi8WeK

https://imgur.com/a/10oPizX

Comment

While i wait for the New Rads to be released and 3080TI/3090, been gathering up the other parts

Attached Files

Comment

More Pictures. Optimus HT Fittings

Aquacomputer Ultitube (replaced by D5 Next)
        https://imgur.com/a/aoap6p9
        Attached Files

Comment

Your definitely going to have a powerful machine here, looking awesome!

Comment

Wow, it will be a beast one! This case have a lot of potential. I am happy to see you again this year. Can't wait to see the next updates.

Comment

Originally posted by C0LLARD View Post
              Wow, it will be a beast one! This case have a lot of potential. I am happy to see you again this year. Can't wait to see the next updates.
              This likely will be my last case for awhile. Caselabs were always great for being flexible builds and reason i have difficultly sellling them. Designing it in manor i can do the swap for next gen CPU's and Mobo's (need new RAM) and possibly blocks too. Radiators are going to be heatkiller new upcoming radiators. Looking at possibly using LianLi Uni Fans but may cut for budget reasons. Hoping Optimus GPU Block isn't long but i am prepared to go with Heatkiller if they come out first.

I'm at the limits of watercooling per say. One Mo-Ra3 420, One HWL GTR360, Two Heatkiller 360mm Rads is pretty much going to hit ambient water loop temperatures.

Comment

Still need to make an custom enclosure/clean up the cabling for the external rad
                Attached Files

Comment

Reservoir Fitting Testing
                  Attached Files

Comment

Better shot
                    Attached Files

Comment

Beginning test fitting runs (with what i can do).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lower chamber work. Still got stuff to do.

Attached Files

Comment

More
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is for those people who use there hands to tighten fittings, for the Optimus Fittings (hard/soft) you got to use the included wrench. It's only way to properly tighten them. Otherwise you get small leaks.

Comment

Build looking like it will be 2021 before I complete it. I am going to order in the new Aquacomputer flow/temp sensor in (combining order with my friend).

Comment

• DazMode
                                DazMode commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hopefully, get some by the end of the month.
                            Working...
                            X