Venompool Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venompool Build

Been a long-time PC builder and gamer, and this is my first foray into water cooling and have to say it was a bit daunting and was challenging at times, but extremely rewarding now that it's all done.

Here are my computer parts:
    -Gigabyte AORUS X570 Elite motherboard
    -AMD Ryzen 3800X CPU
    -2x16GB Corsair DDR4
    -Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT
    -Corsair 480x case (yes, it was super tight)

Here's what I ended up including in the custom loop:
    -Rads: 1x 360mm alphacool, 1x 120mm alphacool
    -Bykski waterblock for Gigabyte gaming OC (didn't actually fit my card perfectly, but some dremeling made it work)
    -D5 combo pump/res
    -3x Noctua 120mm fans
    -Heatkiller IV CPU block
    -Black, red, and white fittings to match the Venompool motif

Performance of the system is pretty impressive, I must say. CPU temp doesn't exceed 80C under continuous load (not OC'd), GPU temp rarely exceeds 60C under load (not OC'd).

It's simple in comparison to the other builds here, but I'm proud of it and thankful for the help from folks on this forum.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2562.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	92334
    Very happy with the install of the CPU block, was able to easily leverage the existing Ryzen backplate, and it fit nice and snug.

Name:	IMG_2563.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	92335
    Test fitting the D5 res/pump. Turned out I calculated correctly and it just fit... had barely 8mm between the GPU block and the pump, but that's plenty of room, right?

Name:	IMG_2572.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	92336
    This particular GPU block was made for the Gigabyte Gaming OC card, which wasn't a perfect match for my card, so that was a bit of a risky purchase, especially since I had to order from China. However, I did luck out in the end, because the PCB design was exactly the same, it was only the output stack that was different on my card. This was a test fit, I later cleaned up the edges so it didn't look like a rat chewed through the plexi.

Name:	IMG_2590.JPG
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	92337
    Bending the hard tubing was by far the most challenging and time-consuming part of the build. Had to rethink the routing a few times, and redo this particular triple-bent portion that goes from the CPU to the 360mm rad, but in the end it looked and felt great.

Name:	IMG_2593.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	92338
    In the end, I'm happy with the build. Managed to incorporate an easy way to drain the system with the flexible tubing towards the bottom, and now enjoy the amazingly quiet gaming performance the system brings me.

Turned out nice.
    Need some full case shots.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Gotta clean up my desk area before taking a full case shot, but added a bit of LED so that it pops in the dark.

Name:	IMG_2643.JPG
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	92422

Comment

Good idea to add the drain, it comes in handy! I don't see a triple bent tube, must be the angle makes it hard to see... But good job on the bends nonetheless. This is a skill that I need to acquire!

I have the same mobo/CPU that I'll be using soon in a build. How are you liking them?

Comment

Working...
        X