Stainless H510E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless H510E

I had planned a chrome/steel pipe build but never found the time to make it happen until this year, progress has been slow over the last few months. The only real objective is to make this build look as good as possible and I may run into some problems down the line due to excessive bends.

Watercooling Parts:
    Protium 100mm - Threads don't show and she fits.
    Alphacool Phobya DC12-260 - underpowered for this many bends but size is key.
    Swiftech MCR 360 - I am a big fan of the end tanks and it was sitting around
    CPU Block - Optimus foundation nickel
    GPU Block - EK Quantum Vector 6800/6900 Nickel - not yet delivered
    All fittings - Darkside, triple seals
    Pipes - 304 Stainless 12 mm OD, 1mm thickness custom length apx 600mm

Components:
    Case: H510E
    Fans: NZXT AER RGB2 120mm most likely
    CPU: 3900x for now
    GPU: 6800 atm, trying to secure a 6800xt
    Mobo: Love the white on the B550 Vision D
    PSU: RM750 or 850W ROG STRIX- White
    • 12 pipes to start from Aliexpress. All 12mm OD, x6 0.5mm walls, x6 1mm walls
    • The 0.5mm walls did not stand up to the tight bends but are holding out on wider angles.
    • 1mm walls did just fine although bracing the inside with bending springs was not too bright..
    • IMO the bends were better without the insert springs which were destroyed anyway
    • Pulled this old rad from another build that got an objectively better rad and gave it a matte spray
    • Sleeved with the Darkside graphite/violet but recently started using paracord on some other projects so I may change it out
    • H510E cannot fit a 360 rad but I decided this looks best. I can either rotate the PSU to draw hot air from the rad or "cool" air from beneath the case where the rad will exhaust. I also cut three wide slots in the floor of the case for a 120/140mm fan to help draw air out. Three fan will push the rad from above which may only be as efficient as a 240mm. I could have removed the radiator panel to avoid the holes and riveted in a proper mount, but the glass border does hide them quite well. Res is in. I do not like the Protium mounting brackets so I will do my best to avoid using one..
    • With the front glass panel missing you can just see the "out" port of the rad that will make its way to the res.
    Will update when the waterblock gets in
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-28-2020, 05:35 PM.

Some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

OOOOH! I like where this is going. Welcome

Comment

Nice, very sleek modern effect.

Comment

EKWB block came in pronto! I wanted to keep some of original swagger from the stock cooler so I kept the backplate and removed the led end cap. A few more fittings on the way and ready for some big bends.
          Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	92535
            Got the most difficult bends out of the way tonight
            Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-26-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Coming close to the end of the year and I needed to start wrapping things up. Couple of large changes so here are the updated part lists:

Watercooling Parts:
              Protium 100mm - Threads don't show and she fits.
              Aquacomputer D5 and Swiftech MCP655 over the former Alphacool Phobya DC12-260 . The phobya did move water quite nicely but was far far too noisy to be tolerable.
              Swiftech MCR 360 - I am a big fan of the end tanks and it was sitting around
              CPU Block - Optimus foundation nickel
              GPU Block - EK Quantum Vector 6800
              All fittings - Darkside, triple seals
              Pipes - 304 Stainless 12 mm OD, 1mm thickness custom length apx 600mm

Components:
              Case: H510E
              Fans: NZXT AER RGB2 120
              CPU: 5800x, got lucky with this one
              GPU: 6800X
              B550 Vision D ran into some VGA errors and after several days of exhaustive troubleshooting I had to RMA it and chose an X570 Elite Wifi
              850W ROG STRIX- White over the RM750 because I lost it.. not sure if I gave it away or it went to a different build but I had to move on.
              Patriot Viper 4000 because I get better latency on B-die than E-die
              Aquacomputer Quadro and Splity4
              Clockwerk Knuckle Combs

In this shot the sleeving is nearly complete and the bends are almost in place. I have a small but growing collection of unsatisfactory bends, the 180 treble clef pipe was done again for a more precise fit at the top right corner of the case. The pipe run from the GPU out to Rad is missing a bit of curve and will be redone. That particular bend is more difficult since I want the pipes to help fight the GPU sag, and that requires some tension from bends that are intentionally a hair too long.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8288.jpg Views:	45 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	92788

Began a light sand at 1500 grit and worked my way up to 7000 to get a nicer finish on the pipes.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8289.jpg Views:	41 Size:	73.5 KB ID:	92789
              Cable management in the rear was a challenge. I was able to support my reservoir without a proper mount and the change in pumps did not require much change. Needed that toothbrush to help with a lost screw :|
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8290.jpg Views:	38 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	92792
              Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-31-2020, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Just a few rough pics of the final build while I take my time with the shoot.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06516 (2).jpg Views:	31 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	92794
                Click image for larger version  Name:	PC180046.JPG Views:	29 Size:	45.6 KB ID:	92795 Click image for larger version  Name:	PC180049 (2).JPG Views:	29 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	92796
                Click image for larger version  Name:	OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	92945
                She's not just pretty
                3733-16-16-16 -32 which can get tightened up a bit, adjusted PBO curve to -5 on fast cores/-10 on the rest allowing all core over 5,080 at some uncomfortable voltages. GPU temps around 50-61C after a 3 hr session of RDD2. GPU memory avg 2128-2130, tops at 2140 and average clock 2466-2502, hard top at 2550.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	OC_FUN.JPG Views:	29 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	92797
                Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-29-2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Wow, those tubes curves are so sexy! I love this! Really good job with them.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Does anyone know what is the best way to upload high resolution shots without significant loss of quality?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06502 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	92819 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06536.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	92820 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	92821 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06532.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	92822

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8363.jpg Views:	17 Size:	49.4 KB ID:	92823
                      Took a couple nights to get the shots I wanted. Some final thoughts:
                      Really like the triple seals on the darkside fittings, felt very safe though I had to finely sand my pipes to avoid shredding the seals.
                      Love this old Switech rad, the end tanks were just what I wanted even though the G1/4 ports and threaded mounts are quite angled. Patriot Viper Steel is amazing value B-die, I think this will be my go to in the future.
                      Adding anything in or God forbid a CMOS clear/ Q-flash requires a near total tear down due to the pipes running beneath the rad :/
                      Knuckle Combs from Clockwerk Industries are my new favourite thing, really nice. Cheers

Full res here no watermarks: https://ibb.co/album/9hZD0N
                      Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-29-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8360.jpg Views:	24 Size:	72.7 KB ID:	92825 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8364.jpg Views:	22 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	92826 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06525.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	92947 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_8356.jpg Views:	22 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	92828 Couple more
                        Last edited by Seaplan3papi; 12-29-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Beautiful job on those curves, and the pics! I particularly like the cables through the res

Comment

Very minimalist, definitely going to be a threat in the competition

Comment

Pretty impressive work with pipes. I don't see DIY metal pipes bending too often, Literally one-two a year.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X