What is indigo-xs-intel-115x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is indigo-xs-intel-115x

I saw Daz added this to his store. What is is? I read through the description, says it replaces the thermal grease...

Is this a pad? A sticker? How do you apply it onto the CPU? Is it for delided CPUs only?

Its fancy thermal interface for CPU. Its got a fairly complicated installation that involves overheating your CPU to - for lack of better word - weld your heatsink to the CPU.

HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

It is extreme version of Indigo Xtreme.

Previous gen Indigo was 20W rating, this one doubles it 40W.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IndigoXS_Thermal_Impedance_Graph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	75930

Click image for larger version

Name:	IndigoXS_Thermal_Conductivity_Graph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	75931

Item for die hard overclockers.
      Last edited by DazMode; 02-05-2014, 03:26 AM.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

... Indeed.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

I use the Indigo XS, and I don't recommend it for the faint of heart. My install didn't go anything like the instructions said it would, therefore I lost 5 years off my life and swore never to attempt the install again! Crap scared the hell outta me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
            I use the Indigo XS, and I don't recommend it for the faint of heart. My install didn't go anything like the instructions said it would, therefore I lost 5 years off my life and swore never to attempt the install again! Crap scared the hell outta me!
            What happened?
            X79 | 3930k 4.803Ghz | 16GB Samsung 30nm 2227Mhz | GTX TITAN 1255Mhz | Corsair 600T | OC.Net

Comment

Originally posted by DJRiful View Post
              What happened?
              It just unnerved me to roast my CPU with Prime95 WITHOUT cooling of any kind. Plus, in the directions there was supposed to be a pattern to the temps during the "frying" process. Mine didn't follow the pattern at all, so I got rather scared. The temps just jumped to 98C and stayed there. Thus I wasn't really sure when to STOP cooking the CPU. Maybe I guessed right though, since my temps seem pretty decent. If I had to do it again, I'd stick to MX-4 paste, since I didn't see an amazing temperature drop with the Indigo stuff.

Comment

While I would not bother with this for myself, multitudes of people are raving about this product.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I've used this twice. Installation and temp pattern went smoothly and the performance was good. But removing it from my copper block and cpu ihs was incredibly hard. I spoke to ek who also sells this stuff and they said that shouldn't have happened, that I had ruptured the bag or something. Anyway, I would only recommend this if you rarely ever remove your cpu cooler.

Comment

Hmmm, what to do ? Click image for larger version

Name:	images (37).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	75936
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

those from your home dentistry kit?
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Yup, but I forgot the big rusty pliers !
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Working...
                        X