Audio Technica ADG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Technica ADG1

Picked up a set of these today been awhile since bought new headphones, have a large collection but been waiting on these to come into canada, clan members in the states have them already, so seen them today at ncix they had one in warehouse so stopped in on the way home today and grabbed a set. These are the open ones, is a closed set also. Have the ad700 also from years ago that I still use for music quit often...

pics:

will set them up tonight old school to my soundcard, though they come with a usb connection, usually don't like the coloring from them, so will use the normal jacks to test them out, will let ya know how they sound in game and ts3.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

oh good stuff Nass. I'm still in the market.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

ya been using sens for years have most of there's pc250 pc 350, pc 360, razor tiamats 5.1, Asus forget there name, logi g's, audio tech a few pair's for music, lol so have a few to compare them too been using the sens pc360 for a few years now... volumn button a little scratchy now whem ya move it but a good headset all in all. Now the ad700 had the best sound stage back in the day even today still, forget all the 5.1 and dd stuff true stereo is still the best with a wide sound stage imho for games... Sound card is an asus pheobus. Have dac's and headphone amps, speakers on dac's, bla bla bla... Way to many sound systems, run around 3 on my gaming pc alone... Headphones for gaming, dac's for powered speakers, dacs and amps for music. Haven't used onboard sound for years though some are pretty decent these days...
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Nice !
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I would be able to take advantage from such nice unit with my basted hearing, but still envy you
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

got in some bf4 last night, headphones work nice must say am impressed... only weird thing about them is the cable it is very short if u were to use the usb connector, and a little stiff the one that is attached to the headset. Aside from that have a headset that will replace my sens pc 360, not an easy feat...
            Played a few tunes on my s4 with them also, sounded pretty good, still haven't tried them with any of my dac/amps and flac files yet.
            Ts3 guys were saying the mic was cleanest they have heard yet.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/audio-tec...97809-1660.htm

Think there is only one set still left in ontario, still a new product here in canada.
            Last edited by nass; 09-19-2014, 09:12 AM.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

high praise vs PC360

how is durability and finish? will she stand up to being dropped on the floor?
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

finish is nice, durability cant say, too new, feels solid, the AT ad700 I have now are the oldest cans that I use and are a few years old and still kicking. Is really only a few headsets in this range the sen pc360 think they have a newer revised set now ( http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-360-.../dp/B003DA4D2U ) , these adg1's and the bers with the mic. ( http://north-america.beyerdynamic.co...g/mmx-300.html )

Have 3 sets of headphones on the top of my case and there all audio technica now, 2 for music ad700 (open) and the m50's (closed, cant hear wife at all) and these for gaming now which again are open.

Sound, for music with cans use the fio dac and the amp combo, pheobus asus sound card for the gaming, and a creative dac for the harmon kardon 2.1 powered speakers ( http://ca.harmankardon.com/harman-ka...packaging.html )
                Last edited by nass; 09-20-2014, 09:02 AM.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

everyone around u can hear u gaming so keep that in mind. Cord is not like there audiophile headphones that I have. One more thing some people have problems with fit, me am ok with them, some like to put an elastic band on the 2 wings... This goes back to even the purple ad700 cans...Which these were designed from to start. People have been modding them for years to add a mic to them as most considered the 700 the ultimate headphone for games because of its sound stage, no mic was the kicker for ts. This is what they added. Some bass heads don like these, am not a beats guy for sure...
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Grabbed up two Senny PC320's still good price .... put one in closet for crisis.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                      Grabbed up two Senny PC320's still good price .... put one in closet for crisis.
                      Is crisis about 4-5 years old ?
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Indeed.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

lol
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Hey Nass... question about your use of PC360's

I notice the audio is kinda muted on my new set. really no low end.
                            Running off the onboard only... Can you -would you - recommend a DAC?
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

been using the fiio stuff for years, cheap yet u get more than your moneys worth.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                              X