• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4k gaming

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/18...gaming-nirvana
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

good read. so we really have to wait another couple years....
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Yup. I think I'll be happy at 1080P for now.

Comment

Ya it seems at least for a single card , honestly been considering these new g -sync monitors
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Freesync screens are coming soon too. I'm still not sure if either one is that big a deal. I remember dynamic contrast being a big deal for about 5 minutes, and that crap was the first thing I turned off when I bought my current Samsung 27" screen. I'm gonna wait and see on this G-sync / Freesync.

Comment

Well what ever the industry comes up with, I wish that they would stop using 24fps.
            I read somewhere that 4K also means the introduction of 60fps.

I don't know why the industry (film based) hung on to 24fps for so long _ that's been around since Thomas Edison came up with that _ and it's time for it to go !

Comment

ya my 4k monitor is 60
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

24fps was the original (maximum) speed that the monkey could crank to olde timey film projector,
                slower than 16fps and the humans perceive flicker... and the film would catch fire.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

A friend of mine just bought a 4k monitor last week and the most impressive thing about it is that you can actually play without antialiasing and not notice that it's turned off. It's a good thing since it helps keeping the frame rate higher.

Comment

My big problem is 24fps judder and hopefully this will be a thing of the past as 4K is supposedly recorded at 60fps.
                    The only way to get rid of frame judder is "frame interpolation" and it's far from perfect.
                    It does smooth things out, but at a cost _ it produces artifacts, as I am sure everyone knows.
                    SVP can be tweaked, but there are so many options one can drive ones self crazy playing with it _ no "one" setting is good for one movie.

People complain about the "soap opera effect" of interpolation _ too smooth _ so it will be interesting to see their reaction to 4k at 60fps.

It will be perfect in that respect...

What worries me is that there are some films that have been mastered in 4K and then scaled down to 2k and somewhere in the process the film rate is rate is returned to 24fps.

Although I can't see them doing that once 4k becomes prevalent over 2k, but you never know.

What I'm hoping for are native 4K Blu-rays and 4K players to play them on _ of course these players would have to be backwards compatible to work on a 2k monitor/projector and still retain 60fps. NO MORE FRAME JUDDER !

The scaling would have to happen in the player of course as my old Panasonic Projector wouldn't know what to do with a native 4K signal.

But I should be able to use my computer and a player like Power DVD14 as they claim it can handle 4K _ I would have to use my video card to do the scaling.

It will be interesting to play around with it if and or when it ever comes to be.

Oh and, welcome to the forum P1n10n, I haven't been here that long my self.
                    Last edited by Jeff R 1; 12-29-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

ya I may need to adjust things don't get me wrong, is a wicked monitor but for gaming battlefield 4 idea looks amazing, die allot more though on this higher res, could be the fact that am getting old and suck though...
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                        ... could be the fact that am getting old and suck though...
                        yes. mee too.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

grabbed one of the 24" Gsync Ben Q's this morning will test it out shortly. Pricey little biatch, close to 8 with tax in.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I got the samsung 4k 60hz display and bought a second 980 to push it. let me tell you crysis 3 on ultra with no AA looks amazing. some high texture game (like shadow of mordor) will fill the 4g vram at 4k, that being said, i am a little disappointed of my purchases. i should of waited for 8g versions of the cards from nvidia or go with some 290x 8g as I fell like future "proofnes" wasn't part of the deal . at any other resolutions though it is plenty. all in all though 4k looks amazing in games
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                            X