No announcement yet.

Something to keep the 1080 company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any back light glow? I have a bit in the bottom right, but not bad. 165hz is a huge difference, amazingly smooth.

Comment

ya no back light glow on the edges, seem's no dead pixels either, did get the zero pixels warranty for 5 bucks, haven't found any yet.

Ya was running 144hz g-sync prior to this so the 166 doesn't really change much for me. 24-27 and tn-ips do notice though, colours are allot nicer now.

Monitor plays smooth but have only gamed a small amount with it.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I was on a 22" 60hz LED, soooo.... big change for me!

Comment

This thread makes me regret my monitor purchase!!

Comment

Have a 4k monitor sitting beside this one , use it for the net.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Not sure what you are trying out on that new monitor. Rise of the Tomb Raider looks great (but is terribly optimized, used all 12g of by GPU memory), Fallout 4 with a bunch of mods looks great too. The real winner IMO is Battlefront, but it takes little to no horsepower to run at max.

Comment

If you ever played TF2 and enjoyed it, Overwatch is pretty awesome and your GPU will probably run it at 120fps no issues even at 2560x1440.

Where did you get it from? I have been interested in this one and the Acer XB271HU (Predator) a lot lately. Mostly because Overwatch.

$1k for one game? You betchya

Good score!
                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                  If you ever played TF2 and enjoyed it, Overwatch is pretty awesome and your GPU will probably run it at 120fps no issues even at 2560x1440.

Where did you get it from? I have been interested in this one and the Acer XB271HU (Predator) a lot lately. Mostly because Overwatch.

$1k for one game? You betchya

Good score!
                  Newegg.ca has refurbished ones for quite a bit off.

Comment

grabbed it from Vaughn CC, walked in was sitting on the floor right when you walk in middle of the isle with a few new tv's behind it. Picked it up walked to cash.

It is actually one of the nicest monitors and most expensive one have bought to date. My opinion is worth it 10e, reviews all say the same only complaint is the price.

Unionville CC has one also 10e, but they had just one.

Overkill, Dling Paragon or beta of it should say, as as I type this. Open world game, basically after it for the scenery, main purpose for these updates is for this fall and BF1...

\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82WACyNZc8
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I'll add that to my watch list. BF1 was one of the reasons I built too, I have a rule. I have to be able to play all Battlefield Games at max settings.

Comment

Working...
                      X