Caselabs Merlin SM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caselabs Merlin SM8

Hi All, took delivery of this case today and I gotta' tell ya I'm impressed. First off FedEx didn't kick the crap outta the carton and I've cross docked a lotta' van loads and know what can happen. The packaging was second to none, pieces wrapped in heavy plastic bags which in turn were closed with tape that didn't destroy the plastic, just zipped right off. Each part had its own screws attached to it, none of this throwin' all the screws into a bag and letting the customer figure it out. Took as long to unwrap the pieces as it did puttin' it together which some may consider a hassle, but if it keeps parts well protected hey, its a hassle I can live with. Window door comes with original brown paper protective covering on both sides of the window which is perfect to leave on until you finish your build. Powder coating is perfect, no fades, scratches, ridges or bumps. The nylon inserts on the MB glides are great, keeps a nice tight fit with no wobble. For my set up I purchased 3 X 120mm Flex-Bay Fan Mounts for the front and removing the Solid Drive Bay Covers and installing the fan mounts was easy breezy. Looking at the top and bottom chassis parts its easy to see how adding an Extended Top or Pedestal would make for epic rad room, not that this case doesn't have enough already. Includin' taking pics and general dickin' around it took about 3 hours to assemble but you could get it down to half that without workin' up a sweat. Overall I'm tickled pink with this case, the packing, fit and finish are excellent, assembly was easy enough and the folks at Caselabs answered any questions I had. If you're worried 'bout shellin' out your hard earned money on this case, don't be, you won't be sorry you did.
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Another happy customer

yes they really do a great job in all areas
    I never regretted the purchase ever

Comment

tickled pink LOL

now upload that pron
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Just waitin' on parts bungz...then the fun starts..got some major paintin' to be done. Fan Blades, MoBo Thermal Armour, Heatsinks (only the ugly green parts of the mobo heatsinks), Ram Heatsinks, Rad and Caselabs 240 Accessory Mounting Plate. Might do the PSU Bracket as well. Two shades of blue are going to be used, now just to find the right matte paint.
        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Caselabs cases look great

Comment

Working...
          X