Fan controller decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan controller decisions

Hi guys, I'm building the black luxe in the build thread that's been on hold until my days off work and have all the parts needed to finish then. That will be a week from now and in the meantime I've been researching fan controllers since I could order one and get it in time for build time.
    I started off liking the BitFenix Recon but since it's only 10w/ch from what I've gathered won't be enough to power all my fans.
    I have: 5 120mm rad fans (maybe 7 later)
    1 140mm rear
    1 200mm front
    I don't think I'll need pump control since I'll be using a D5 vario?
    The Aqueros are out of my budget and more than I need so 100ish or less if possible would be nice.
    So I've been leaning towards Lamptron for looks, power and particularly touchscreen and display attributes.
    Cm615 (in Daz wishlist) 6×15w/ch
    Cw611 36w/ch
    Fc touch 30w/ch

I would like to use 3 120mm fans on one channel and it seems possible with the cm 615 at 15 watts but II'm not entirely sure .
    Mobo pwm and the Phanteks hub kinda scares me plus a bit of bling up front can't hurt.
    Any suggestions to help me decide would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by Dice; 11-02-2014, 11:21 AM.
    Current rig:
    NZXT Phantom 105 white
    Asus P8P67 Pro-v3.0, i52500k @ 2500Ghz, Noctua UH14,
    Saphire Tri-x r9 290x, 8Gb Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic 850W silver, Samsung 850 pro 256Gb,
    Seagate 3Tb, 2 WD 1Tb Blacks, Death Adder, Qnix 2710 1440p pls Win7 home premium

New build
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Black
    Recycled components from above
    Darkside flex 360 D5 version vario option Canadian edition cpu block
    Alphacool SP240, EK FC-290x Nickel- Acetal
    Variety of extra fittings mostly silver

I went with the aquaero 6 xt for my luxe build

Comment

You can look at power rating of ach fan you have and add them up to see your required wattage. Typically you don't want to exceed 80% max that controller can handle.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Very nice trestles126, your build is very good. Mine's on a bit of a budget for now and subject to upgrades in time but I was hoping someone who has experience with Lamptron controllers (good and bad) could help.
        Current rig:
        NZXT Phantom 105 white
        Saphire Tri-x r9 290x, 8Gb Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic 850W silver, Samsung 850 pro 256Gb,
        Seagate 3Tb, 2 WD 1Tb Blacks, Death Adder, Qnix 2710 1440p pls Win7 home premium

New build

Comment

I would shy away from the Lamptron Touch. Unless they have fixed the display, that one is off my list.

Looks great, high power, and worked great..........for about 4 months. Can no longer see the display. This isnt limited to mine. There were several forums reporting this.

I have used Scythe fan controllers without issue. Actually, all three machines in my house presently have them.

Comment

Thanks DazMode, I've been researching fan wattage and it's down to 15w being a minimum for 2-3 fans depending on the fans and 30w being more than enough for my needs plus future proofing.
            Current rig:
            NZXT Phantom 105 white

New build

Comment

Thanks xmanrigger, I really appreciate your advice and yeah, been on the fence about the Touch only because it's cheaper and 30 watts so I'll take that one off the list.
              I'll check out the Scythe controllers as well so which models do you have?
              Current rig:
              NZXT Phantom 105 white

New build

Comment

So I almost picked up the Lamptron cw611, paused and checked all the Scythe controllers out and the Kaze Master Flat II KM08-BK with 4 channels at 36 watts a piece for 50 bucks got my final vote.
                Thanks again xmanrigger!
                Current rig:
                NZXT Phantom 105 white

New build

Comment

Working...
                X