Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u2311 eyefinity vs benq 1440P vs Korean IPS 1440p OC 120hz

Hey Guys,

I'm finally completing my water cooling build after a lengthy period due to some hiccups.

I was considering switching my 3 x Dell 2311 for 1 x 1440p as It seems that eyefinity or 5760x1080 is still not supported everywhere.

Recently I bought the BenQ 27" IPS LED Monitor with 4ms Response Time GW2765HT for a good price still havent opened it though. While i was waiting for the delivery I checked the few reviews that were out there and it was mentioned that it has an input lag of approximately 34ms, which might not be ideal for gaming.

Then i went back to checking some of the Korean monitors and stumbled on the QNIX/X-STAR/catleaps that usually OC quite well however have a shitty build quality and iffy warranty/support from the ebay sellers.

What do you guys think? :canadianwave:

Thanks!

I have an x-star that does 120 Hz. The colours start to change at 120hz so I run it at 110hz. I did not order pixel perfect but have 0 dead pixels, and backlight bleed is minimal on mine.

My stand was not attached correctly and so my monitor leans forward, I will be attaching a vesa mount to fix this eventually. Other than that, I am very happy with build quality.

In terms of warranty you can pay extra for a square trade warranty, I paid $30 with a coupon for three years.

I don't remember who I ordered from, I think dreamseller, had no issues with payment or shipping. It came in 5 days from Korea with free shipping (which incidentally beats me shipping from ups from Mississauga to brampton....)

Just really make sure you buy the DVI-D model with no other inputs if you want to overclock it.

Comment

I feel like now anyways, if you're looking at 1440 monitors, you might as well start considering going to 4K.

Still spendy, but getting much more realistic.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
        I feel like now anyways, if you're looking at 1440 monitors, you might as well start considering going to 4K.

Still spendy, but getting much more realistic.
        i looked at 4k bungz price isnt much higher.. issue is no decent refresh rates on ips panels that ive seen... and im in love with ips

Comment

Originally posted by Endeav View Post
          I have an x-star that does 120 Hz. The colours start to change at 120hz so I run it at 110hz. I did not order pixel perfect but have 0 dead pixels, and backlight bleed is minimal on mine.

My stand was not attached correctly and so my monitor leans forward, I will be attaching a vesa mount to fix this eventually. Other than that, I am very happy with build quality.

In terms of warranty you can pay extra for a square trade warranty, I paid $30 with a coupon for three years.

I don't remember who I ordered from, I think dreamseller, had no issues with payment or shipping. It came in 5 days from Korea with free shipping (which incidentally beats me shipping from ups from Mississauga to brampton....)

Just really make sure you buy the DVI-D model with no other inputs if you want to overclock it.
          Thx for the breakdown endeav, really helpful writeup.

You answered many of the points that I was worried about. Im starting to lean to the Catleap 2b's

what are you running to power the monitor at 110hz?

Comment

1440p @ 120hz IS 4k equivalent in pixels. For fps/action games I would provably choose the higher refresh panel every time, there is a lot of debate around being able to *see* more than 60 fps and subjectively I personally can. Linustechtips did a video in controlled conditions to see if 120hz was placebo or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IF...be&app=desktop

Now a 4k panel is better for non-action games, movies, general content, etc., but a 4k IPS panel is going to cost at least 3x more. Prices did come down and they just launched $800 usd 27 inch 4k ips panels, I just think the overclocking Korean panels are great value.

I am using 2x r9 290, for non gaming anything will drive it, but keep in mind that it really is about the same as driving a 4k panel in required hardware.

Comment

have a 28" uhd samsung for my a gaming monitor, running 2-780's can play bf4 on ultra but very high is better for game play or even 2k res idea. Gaming honestly is better run at lower res if ya wanna win. Most of the top players in my clan run 24"-144's and there extreme killers though even on a laptop idea there nasty. Idea is they don't want higher res or bigger monitors for killing...
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

lol Nass. you still have one of those old 19" CRT's layin' around right?
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

24 maybe 19 not sure now
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Did you need a 19 Bung's ?
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Those are humongous! 17" is golden standard!
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

@G... only if its NEC medical grade.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Naw, just some Samsungs.
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                            lol Nass. you still have one of those old 19" CRT's layin' around right?
                            is ok, I like dying.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

ive got some 16" LED panels at my shop, super tiny with vesa mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X