Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	79571
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	79572

So I've decided to just liquid cool the CPU _ 4770K.

I am going to assume that the thick single fan rad is made for smaller cases, otherwise one would use a dual fan rad ?
    Since the rule of thumb is (according to Daz) more surface area, better efficiency...

With that said, if I were to install a push/pull fan arrangement on the thick rad as apposed to the dual fan rad with only two fans pushing; would I get the same efficiency with the thick one as I would with the thin dual fan rad ?

Push/pull on the single thick core VS only pushing on the dual core ???

I don't really want to cut out the back of the case to let the PSU hang out just to accommodate a dual rad, but I thought I may need more capacity then just a thin single core as it gets quite warm here in the summer.

There would also be lots of room at the bottom of the case to shroud both sides of the thick single core rad in a push/pull set up.

As far as fans I was going to go with "Be Quiet"...
    Are they worth the money _ are they actually quiet ?

Thanks !

I think this is one of those questions Daz is trying answer in the new test bench series.

but for me, its all about the aesthetics.

either of these rads will do well for the 4770K,
    but only one may fit well into your chassis.

and I'm standing my ground as a fervent opponent to push-pull configs.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks !

The only experience that I have from push/pull is with this and trying to keep my old 760 card cool.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16835186095

I had the rad mounted at the top of the case with a full 12 volts pumped into the fan with just a push arrangement _ the temps were still hovering around 70 degrees.

However with a push/pull, I got them down to the mid to low 60's, so it convinced me to go with push/pull and I am also thinking that using a shroud may even improve things. (with the cpu)

The fans were just the Anidees 120mm case fans _ nothing special...

Comment

Working...
      X