Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Loop Layout

Hi everyone,

I'm new to custom builds and I'm planning one here in a near future.

I have a question regarding the loop lay-out. Most of the designs I saw never have the loop going through the top of reservoir is there a reason behind this?

Thanks,

most pumps tops in/out are on the side, the res is just an extension of the top, also noise would be another reason. I have an aquacomputer res that allows top inlet for a cascade waterfall look though have never used it that way..Technically you don't even need a res they look cool though and allow for easier maintenance and setup.

Oh and welcome too the forum and hobby.
    Last edited by nass; 02-16-2015, 05:15 PM.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ya that makes sense,thanks. I did check that reservoir out.I like the glass and maybe the noise could be soothing like a water fountain

Comment

its effect is not like u think it would be, it is kinda like a dribble down the sides of res from the vids I have seen of it in action. Is a nice res though and rugged. Never did get the lighting in it too work though, guess I crushed them in the install the wiring to the leds. Manual sucks. Other than that is a nice piece.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by REBOOTED View Post
          Most of the designs I saw never have the loop going through the top of reservoir is there a reason behind this?
          Many models are so simple, that all you get is two holes, so there is not much choice. Just few models offer flexible multi port connectivity.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks for info Daz I'll keep that in mind when looking for my reservoir.

That kinda sucks about the lighting, I feel that would have brought out the water effects for a pretty cool look.

Comment

I'm using ice dragon fluid so doubt the lighting would matter anyway its pretty thick white so.
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I'm actually using the top and bottom for mine but using a pipe to extend down into the res to prevent noise (just make sure fluid level is above the pipe). I'm installing a second rad and they will be in parallel at least for now and using the res to join them. So I'll actually have 2 lines going in on the top and 1 leaving out the bottom. and on that not just realized I don't have two of those extension pipes so one will be noisy for a while.
                Corsair 800D
                2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by REBOOTED View Post
                  Thanks for info Daz I'll keep that in mind when looking for my reservoir.

That kinda sucks about the lighting, I feel that would have brought out the water effects for a pretty cool look.
                  The lighting effect works just fine in my D5 Photon. I have used a white LED as well as a blue one. Both illuminated fine. Great rez. They just need to do something with the fill port. What a PIA!

Comment

which brings me to the point of fill ports.. thanks Xman.

the best of return flow for any loop is thru the top of the Rez.
                    but, maybe you've already noticed that if you only have one port in the tube rez roof,
                    you are obligated to linking this to your loop...

ergo, no decent fill port.

therefore, it is the best option to select the BP Multi-Z option.
                    Or, the Aqualis ECO 50.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

None of the other aqualis have 2 top ports?

Comment

Working...
                      X