Sleeving Antec HCP-1300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeving Antec HCP-1300

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has sleeved an Antec High Current Pro series power supply, and what to watch out for while doing it. Like most modular PSUs, they have custom connectors for the connections to the unit itself, so in circumstances like this is there any advice that can be given?

The cables are already sleeved as a group, but not flexible due to this.

Since this will be my first sleeve job, what kind of tools would be necessary, and would there be an anticipation of this task taking a few days?

Thanks

I've got lots of tips. the first and foremost is to make a map of your connection.

Daz has all the needed supplies to custom build sleeved wires.
    IMO Sleeving is a son of a bitch.
    Its pain staking, and requires an amount of patience and virtue that is beyond most.

That said, watch LutroO. his youtube tutorials are primo and describe all the techniques and tools you'll need.

a note on the HCP-1300.
    You'll probably encounter two things here...

1) on wire resistors ... these can be removed without issue.
    2) double wire insertions... just follow LutroO's suggestion on this .. solder technique is Aces.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

I used para cord, scissors and to bobby pins to push the pins out. There are YouTube videos on how to do it.

if your going to heat shrink them you'll need a ruler, heat gun and utility knife. I also used electrical tape .just a thin piece to hold the para cord in place to put on the heat shrink.

I would say atleast a few days took me a couple of weeks with an hour or so a day.

Comment

There is a mapping of lots of power supplies on overclock. I wouldn't trust it 100% if you don't want to risk your components and power supply. I did with my 750 seasonic x series it worked fine

Comment

LOL... completely forgot...

HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by LiQuiD DiGitZ View Post
            would there be an anticipation of this task taking a few days?Thanks
            Weeks.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
            X