No announcement yet.

So I accidentally got my mouse drunk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I accidentally got my mouse drunk...

...by spilling a glass of red wine on it. DOH! Now she no left clicky no more. I've taken it apart and cleaned it best I could, but it's not looking good at this point (nor smelling good, since it reeks of cheap wine). It's a Logitech G500 and I love the damn thing. Is there any way to rescue it? Maybe a mild distilled water bath? Or am I screwed?

Bart

It same thing as anything if it fried it fried. I would actually actually consider wash it and dry circuit board as sugars probably eat trough circuitry
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. There's so few good mice now Couldn't hurt to wash it.

Comment

Try a good rinse with a bit of Rubbing alcohol, may get rid of some of the deposits that are bridging the circuit traces. Will evaporate on it own, but do try to get most of it off after.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

shame. red wine stains are a bitch.

worse if its mixed with a lobster bisque,
          then vomitted in the back seat of your car.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Poor wife, having to put up with you upchucking in the back !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

nope... her sister.

wife caught the foul smell and threw up all over the front seat.

... all half a block from home.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

LOL! I'll try a rubbing alcohol soak. Thanks guys! I must resurrect this thing, or find a similar one with a weight cartridge in the base (LOVE that feature).

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                  nope... her sister.

wife caught the foul smell and threw up all over the front seat.

... all half a block from home.
                  GROSS ! Reminds me of that girl I partied with last year, spent part of the night holding her hair out of the toilet
                  while she relieved her stomach of the wine, beer, and rum. Click image for larger version

Name:	gif (9).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	76824

Comment

Sorry Bart to gross you out, but do try the alcohol. Don't drink it though.

Comment

Well this thread escalated quickly! LOL! I treated it with rubbing alcohol. We'll let it dry out overnight and see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Got my fingers crossed

Comment

Uncross those fingers Gdesmo, it lives! The rubbing alcohol did the trick! WOOHOO! Thanks guys!

Comment

Woohoo! Happy to hear it.

Comment

Wow, I would think no way. Great perseverance
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X