Iced dragon, how is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iced dragon, how is it?

I have always used distilled water and dazmode protector exclusively, but in February I am most likely going to be moving on to skylake and that will obviously be the next time I drain my loop. I've been curious about the benefits of ice dragon, if any, and wondering if any has any insight on how it works.

If you plan to run for long run, you don't need to change liquid.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      If you plan to run for long run, you don't need to change liquid.
      See that's pretty cool, I guess the only downside would be that I change parts on a whim and the stuff is expensive. I guess what I'm wondering is there much difference in temperatures? Like enough that would potentially allow more over clocking headroom, or is it a thing of diminishing returns if you already have more rad space than you could ever need?

Comment

been running it for years, like it myself as far as better temps, will make no difference on the overclock no, from water cooling you need to jump to tec's (old school) or compressors and condensers/gas's to see a jump in speed. U buy this for looks and the idea of not having to replace it like other fluids. I change stuff around not as much now as when I had soft tubing thats for sure. Hard tube makes you not buy that same chipset motherboard that looks cooler than the one ya have now idea. I change less things now than I used too. All in all like ID. Be using it again in the caselabs build am working on now at least on one loop.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
          See that's pretty cool, I guess the only downside would be that I change parts on a whim and the stuff is expensive. I guess what I'm wondering is there much difference in temperatures? Like enough that would potentially allow more over clocking headroom, or is it a thing of diminishing returns if you already have more rad space than you could ever need?
          U should hardtube your skylake build
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
            U should hardtube your skylake build
            That's not a bad idea. I've ran my 3770k for almost 3 years so I imagine I'll keep Skylake for about the same amount of time, and I have no intentions of changing cases anytime soon so It will be a lot easier to determine the bends required when I already know the layout. Have to see what happens in February but I'll have to do some research on hard tubing and maybe even go for the Ice dragon since my tubing would be clear then. I don't really know how much more of an overclock I'd expect, I managed to get my 3770k to 5.3Ghz (had to exceed 1.5volts to do it though), was just curious how accurate that marketed "20%" heat reduction is.

Thanks for the advice
            Last edited by Chann3l; 10-20-2015, 08:30 PM. Reason: First emoticon was drunk not cheers lol

Comment

I always add a bit of bodily fluid to my loops for that extra personal flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                been running it for years, like it myself as far as better temps, ...
                From what I experienced, and I think its been claimed as well, you get more even temps across your cores. It technically has less heat transfer as water as a liquid, but waters high surface tension makes it flow less 'evenly' across the block. From what I've read anyways. I did notice my core temps were more similar after adding mayhems pastel, but not really lower.
                My Imgur

Comment

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for that Necro

Comment

ya water cooling u can only get so far don't care what fluid you run ambient temp is the best u can get, you get to a point that the added voltage exceeds any gain you get in speed, under load at -20c then u can see a gain and the voltage heat you have taking care of already. Think little devil still makes a vapourchill style case. One of the guys had one for sale awhile back on the forum.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                    X