Switch to pastel in new build, rinsing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch to pastel in new build, rinsing question

When I start getting my new build together I am going to use either Ek or mayhem's pastel orange. I'll need to thoroughly rinse my components before tearing down my current build. Is it enough to just repeatedly flush with distilled until it appears all remaining dazmode protector is gone?

I rinsed with tap water until clean and then twice with distilled. I think some people use vinegar but water has always worked for me.
    My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
      I rinsed with tap water until clean and then twice with distilled.

That what I do, 5-10 min of running water takes care of anything, except of red dye, because after red, better to trash your parts...
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
        I rinsed with tap water until clean and then twice with distilled. I think some people use vinegar but water has always worked for me.
        Thanks, that's what I'll do, should be starting the tear down on the 29th if all goes as planned.

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        That what I do, 5-10 min of running water takes care of anything, except of red dye, because after red, better to trash your parts...
        Haha well I've never used any dyes in my loops before just your protector and distilled. Hopefully pastel won't cause any issues I just want some nice color to match my cables in my reservoir in my new build.

Comment

I mix a little bit of vinegar in with the tap water during a flush of new or used parts and chase it all with strait distilled. I even bought a submersible pond pump (Canadian tire) that I can shove into one sink(or a bowl) and run the other line to the other end to the drain. Let the pump sit there and push all the water through.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

Pumping it through seems more efficient. I was thinking about just draining from the reservoir fill with water, pump drain repeat until it seems to be cleared out but I guess since I have to take everything out anyway I might be better served rinsing via the tap and the a bit of distilled. Gpu is going to be a pain though to ensure I don't get it wet lol.

Comment

Vinegar is stinky. Lemon juice does similar work and leaves your parts smelling like a fresh summer day. I just heat up some tap water to around 70-75 celsius in the kettle and shake it up a bit. I do this two or three times, or more if I used magically sticky red dye based coolant.

Then once or twice with warm distilled for me.
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                Vinegar is stinky. Lemon juice does similar work and leaves your parts smelling like a fresh summer day. I just heat up some tap water to around 70-75 celsius in the kettle and shake it up a bit. I do this two or three times, or more if I used magically sticky red dye based coolant.

Then once or twice with warm distilled for me.
                Thanks, Nothing sticky in my loop I'll just need to ensure that all the ethylene Glycol is gone.

Comment

Working...
                X