AMD, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I didn't think it belonged in the "Off Topic Lounge"
    The latest card from AMD is the Fury X, but it doesn't support HDCP 2.2 or HDMI 2.0, although I believe you can get a HDMI/Display Port adapter, but that doesn't help with HDCP 2.2.

I contacted AMD and asked them if they plan on releasing any cards with these specs and didn't get much help, they just gave me a link to their New Product and Announcement page.

I figured if there was any a place where someone had info on this, here would be the most likely place.
    Does anyone know if AMD will be releasing a high end card with HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 ?

And it has to be AMD, Cyberlink's Power DVD's Fluid Motion only works with AMD, not NVIDIA, unfortunately, other wise I would go with Pascal.

Thanks

Such info (future products) would be under NDA, that is for sure. Anybody who would post on public forum can get legal action against himself.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

They can send me a PM then.
      The future release of Pascal is no secret, I wonder what AMD is hiding, or maybe they simply don't have anything.
      Thanks

Comment

Just happened upon this after doing much digging and hours of reading, I don't why the heck AMD just couldn't have given me the link. Very frustrating, but it looks like it's just what's needed !

http://www.amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/...ion/events/ces

September isn't very far away either !
        And probably liquid cooled too and ready to go !
        Last edited by Jeff R 1; 03-27-2016, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X