Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline Drain Valve Fitting question?

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...valve-fitting/

I just want to understand exactly how this thing works.

I see you can remove the stop plugs and put on whatever G 1/4 fittings you want and that gives you your inline...

1) So... if I turn the knob on top... it will open and close the bottom G 1/4?

2) when the knob on top gets turned to open (the bottom if that's how it works) does the sides both still stay open?

3) In terms of water pressure/flow... does having say a flow splitter (https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...plitter-clear/)... atttached (https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...ale-g14-black/) to a Valve (https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...i-valve_black/) have a negative effect because of the "pocket of water filling the space between optimal water flow and the point of the the valve shut off?

4) Would the inline drain valve negate all effects of question (3) with valve closed?

Sorry I'm asking sooooo many questions these days... This will be my third venture into water cooling and I'm going with hard line this time. I want to make sure I add in the extra (semi-essential) things I skipped in my previous builds. Ala, Drain/Fill specific ports.
    CPU:Intel i7 6700k
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
    Video Card:MSI GTX 1080 Armor OC
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz cl15 2x8GB
    System SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 250GB
    Games SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
    More Games SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2
    Monitor: Asus PG348Q
    Case: Thermaltake Core P3

COOLING:
    EK CPU and GPU Blocks
    Darkside Triple Rad
    D5 Vario Pump,
    Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic Tubing

NVM! Looked it up online directly from koolance. That's not a knob... it's a cap... and there's a little nozzle in there. and the water will just come shooting out i guess...

COOLING:
    EK CPU and GPU Blocks
    Darkside Triple Rad
    D5 Vario Pump,
    Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic Tubing

Comment

I have had drain ports I still prefer the QDC method. Put QDC's in a low point of your loop and when you need to drain break them apart attach some spares and the system drains. Can attach tubing to the spares then you can drain next to the sink without a mess instead of balancing it over a sink etc. I find this make it easier to flush the system out too.
      Corsair 800D
      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
      Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Izerous View Post
        I have had drain ports I still prefer the QDC method. Put QDC's in a low point of your loop and when you need to drain break them apart attach some spares and the system drains. Can attach tubing to the spares then you can drain next to the sink without a mess instead of balancing it over a sink etc. I find this make it easier to flush the system out too.
        Hey I appreciate the feedback and tips. I have ordered my parts... and in all honestly... budget started to play a part.

my new plan is to split the flow out of the pump to a drain and to the loop. the drain will have a permanent hard tube going down and away from the system with a valve at the end. then if i ever want to drain... i can just put a bucket under the valve and turn it on like a sink... since it's right after the pump... i can basically kill the power when there is just a little water left in the res and I'm good. I was thinking quick disconnect as well, so we'll just have to see how this works out.

COOLING:
        EK CPU and GPU Blocks