Monitor advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor advice

Need to get a monitor for my computer. The 22" old free HP just isn't cutting it.

Of course, I want GSYNC, 144HZ, 1440P and 27". But I can't afford that. Wondering what people's opinions are? 1440P would be nice for work. Gsync would be nice for games. 144HZ would be nice for every day general use.

Should I - 27" 1440P 60 Hz (couple monitor choices in that range locally for $300)
    24" GSync 1080P (which I would eventually find too small)
    or alternate stopgap of 27" 1080P 144Hz

HDMI would be nice, but Displayport only would be ok I guess?

I've upgraded my monitors a few times in the last few years and IMO 1440p was the biggest improvement. With the exception of Fallout 4 absolutely NEEDING freesync due to the amount of tearing I experience in that game, there really wasn't a huge difference in most games I own. You don't really need free/g-sync if you have the GPU to run more frames than your monitor can display anyways.
    IMO 27" 1080 is too pixilated and the benefit of g-sync I don't think is enough to warrant staying on 1080.
    You could also try to overclock your monitor depending on what you buy if having more than 60fps is a big deal to you, I can't really tell the difference. I always preferred more pixels, better colour and better blacks, so I would also recommend you get an IPS over a TN panel if possible.
    This is all from a gaming perspective as well, for workloads a 1440p hands down.
    My Imgur

Comment

1440 bigscreen is still fairly spendy.
      especially the g/free sync stuff.

quickly, this BenQ GW2765HT 27" is on for 399 @ NciX

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-gw27...d-d6-98207.htm
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

That's a nice looking monitor. Lots of good arguments here. I think 1440p 60 is gonna be the way to go for now. There is an Asus pb278q for $300 locally. Maybe I'll jump on that if it's still available in a payday or two.

Comment

Asus pb278q

...my second choice.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

anything I could recommend is pricey but ips has come along way now, size too what u want to spend. Asus make good monitors if that helps, benq also.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Waaaah. Someone has a pb287q on kijiji for $250 and I don't have the cash to jump on it :p

Love when people under value things. It's a $650 monitor.

Comment

Be carefully may have some artifacts ie the line problem if is so cheap.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Even better - there's an Acer Predator Z1 27" for $550. Oh what a time.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moniteurs/vil...ationFlag=true

Comment

From my personal experience, I can recommend Dell's models

Comment

Asus is a good brand for monitors

Comment

Working...
                      X