Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the watercooling world. Just intorducing myself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the watercooling world. Just intorducing myself.

Hey All,

Blair from Edmonton, new to the watercooling world (and interested in starting to overclock) Recently back into the PC world after about 10 years away.

I have a 4690K on an ASUS Z-97A mobo, with an EVGA 970 (not a reference model) in a Fractal Design R5 case that I use mostly for Racing games with a homebuilt cockpit.

(don't judge the usb2 cables at the bottom, I have recently found a better solution to the need for extra usb ports that will be implemented soon)

I am looking to build something that will be able to keep a mild overclock cool while I am running it hard but will go almost silent when I am at idle. (need to look more into the overclocking side of things to figure that out)

would something like the Darkside Triple rad kit be a good place to start while leaving room to expand the loop if I can either find a water block for my 970 or upgrade to a 10 series card? or does anyone have a better recommendation?

I have already been scouring the build threads and have been thoroughly amazed at the quality of work you guys are putting out.

look forward to spending more time here as I get more into it.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
Working...
X