Black Ice Res?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ice Res?

Hey guys, I just got a job offer so I'm able to keep my water parts and make a new desktop (one of Canadas gtx 580s will be in it).

I just was wondering that since I'm getting the 580, I'll need a case and better rad obviously. I'm set on a BitFenix Shinobi XL and I was looking at some 360 rads when I found this: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=80...ardware%20Labs

Does anyone know if they're any good? I could get a Swifttech 360 for $5 less but I was curious if these rads were much better.

You'd rather goto NCIX for a rad

You know about this website called www.dazmode.com, yeah they are so much better for WC parts :p

........Just saying

Comment

I would go with the Swiftech 360 with some 1200+ rpm fans
      Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
      EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

I know I would much rather go to Daz but I'm making a NCIX order and paying double shipping just wouldn't make sense.

I'm thinking you're right Canada, Cougar turbine (1200 RPM) fans are $3.47 so 6 of those sounds like a steal!

Comment

For 18 dollars more you can get the RX 360 rad which will work better with those fans. Black Ice is a really good rad but you need higher speed fans with more pressure. Fin count on Bl Ice is 30 fins per inch which needs faster fans.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Ok thanks, I don't know much about fans/rads but it's only $18 and all my other stuff is XSPC as well so it will match.

Comment

same price as the Koolance... http://www.dazmode.com/store/product...pper_radiator/

but why slim jim? tight on space? or are you adding the Fesser 55mm fans too

btw: NCIX almost always has zero stock on items listed... so delivery could be months?
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

NCIX seems to have everything I'm looking at, just a Shinobi XL and that rad so I'll wait a bit and order it once rent is out of the way. I would like to get it from Daz but then shipping would be another $15-20 so I'll just make it all one order at NCIX to save some money.

Comment

I have used Shinobi .... I think.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I'm between the C70 which can take 2 240 rads and the shinobi xl which takes 2 360s. The prices are quite different, the C70 is $40 cheaper but I just can't decide.

Comment

And I have used C70 too Military Green...

Comment

Daz is on a roll here

Comment

Originally posted by coldbloded View Post
                          Daz is on a roll here
                          Just can't control my buying ...

Comment

Haha do you like the c70? I've been looking at it for about two months now and could use some advice.

I'd have to get the black one though, the green doesn't go well with blue leds in my opinion but black goes with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
                              I'm between the C70 which can take 2 240 rads and the shinobi xl which takes 2 360s. The prices are quite different, the C70 is $40 cheaper but I just can't decide.
                              2 360's will always beat 2 240's! In my opinion, that alone is worth the extra $40.00.
                              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                              X