Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DodFoddler
    replied
    I was thinking of making a mITX build but it quickly became apparent that an ATX build is only a tiny bit more and there's tons more rad room!

Leave a comment:

• MRDcanadian
    replied
    Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
    I've been using the stock XSPC fans on my EX240 and they work pretty well. I bought some of those cheap cougar fans and they are 1200RPM. They don't do that great of a job but the difference is like 2-3C.

Anyways I'll look for some good fans but I'd rather get cheap ones and use the extra money to get a better motherboard.
    the pmw version of the cougar fans is 1500rpm. that why i got them and made adj to the connector for my fan controller

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    Yeah I've had on and off luck with those, seems like some are awesome and others are a bit noisier haha.

I'll probably get a few of these: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/23.../COOLERMASTER/

But the first item on the list is going to be that 580 ... then cpu/mobo then some ram and finally a psu ... I have a friend who has everything but 1155 cpu and motherboard so I'll use his parts to make sure everything works.
    Last edited by DodFoddler; 02-23-2013, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Take a look at Coolermaster R4 fans, they are actually pretty good and very quiet.

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    I've been using the stock XSPC fans on my EX240 and they work pretty well. I bought some of those cheap cougar fans and they are 1200RPM. They don't do that great of a job but the difference is like 2-3C.

Anyways I'll look for some good fans but I'd rather get cheap ones and use the extra money to get a better motherboard.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Lol I'd prefer not to mod, I literally have no tools and nowhere to work.
    I'm thinking 2 240s will just have to be enough ... oh and a 120 on the back forgot to mention that
    That`s tons of cooling for that combination, just match the fans to the fin-count on the rads. Basic rule of thumb 8 - 12 fins per inch require 700 - 1200 rpm fans--- up to 20 fins per you should use 1800 rpm and any finer fin count should use 2000 - 3000 rpm. Try to find the fans with the most pressure and reasonably quiet would be a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    Lol I'd prefer not to mod, I literally have no tools and nowhere to work.
    I'm thinking 2 240s will just have to be enough ... oh and a 120 on the back forgot to mention that

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    um... I'm getting 2x360 rads in my C70. but I don't know if I'll keep it this way or not.
    I'll try and put up some pics in the AM... did mean I had to tear out ALL the drive bays, but pfffttt.
    Drive bays are for squids.

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    Hahah well my budget doesn't allow for any expansions for a long long time so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I wouldn't have WC my GPU but Canada is selling some 580s with waterblocks for a good price so I'm getting one. It'll take some time to get it all together but hopefully it will work out.

What I plan on getting is:

i5 3570k
    Asus P8Z77-V LK
    C70 Black or Shinobi XL Black Window
    GTX 580
    XFX Full Modular 750W
    8GB Ripjaws X RAM
    2 240 rads or 1 240 and 1 360 (I already own a 240 so may as well use it)
    Some blue led fans

If you see any problems there let me know ... I think it's all quite good.

Leave a comment:

• scaccima
    replied
    I think 2 240's for your CPU and GPU would work perfectly. The only problem is sticking to the "I don't plan on expanding" plan!! I told that to myself (and the wife) and it didn't work out that way! Now I have 2 360's (only one installed so far) to cool a core i7 870 (1156 socket) and 2 GTX 560Ti 448's. Total overkill for stock running CPU and GPU's in a basement with 17 degree C ambient temps! Thankfully the wife doesn't know about that last sentence!

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    Yeah true but I think that 2 240mm would be more than enough for a 3570k and a 580 ... please correct me if I'm wrong but I just want what I need because I don't plan on expanding.

Leave a comment:

• scaccima
    replied
    I'm between the C70 which can take 2 240 rads and the shinobi xl which takes 2 360s. The prices are quite different, the C70 is $40 cheaper but I just can't decide.
    2 360's will always beat 2 240's! In my opinion, that alone is worth the extra $40.00.

Leave a comment:

• DodFoddler
    replied
    Haha do you like the c70? I've been looking at it for about two months now and could use some advice.

I'd have to get the black one though, the green doesn't go well with blue leds in my opinion but black goes with anything.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Originally posted by coldbloded View Post
    Daz is on a roll here
    Just can't control my buying ...

Leave a comment:

• coldbloded
    replied
    Daz is on a roll here

Leave a comment:

Working...