No announcement yet.

might be stupid Rad question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go with a Dazmode kit. The EK Predators have had some leaking issues in the past, though they've solved that with some newer revisions to the design, why put yourself in a situation when it's something you'd have to address.

If you want to go push-pull the EK XE 240 radiator is class leading, and the PE is also a great choice if space is an issue.

I would agree with Hooded that the LP240 or LPX240 (crossflow) are also really good bang-for-buck radiators.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I am working with an InWin303, of course there are plenty of config options for larger rads and reservoirse etc... I am going for a stealthy approach with a 240 tucked in behind the upper 120 fans in the PSU bay. There is limited room but it is doable with a slim rad, DDC, and something like the DDC Tank-LT with pass-through fittings to the hardware side. I could of course have everything exposed and have a really nice setup, but I am OCD with everything and it would cost me more than I can afford to do it right, so I would rather not see anything at all and save some $. But the big question is, how much TDP will this setup handle if I go with a LP 240? I am going for the top dog AMD 1800X and it will Boost according to cooling, so I don't want to be spending three times more over a top end air cooler for little to no gain.

EDIT* Gaww, I don't know, there are so many ways to go about this it is driving me insane lol
      Last edited by Gutternutz; 02-08-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

May be that will help:

Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
          I would go with a Dazmode kit. The EK Predators have had some leaking issues in the past, though they've solved that with some newer revisions to the design, why put yourself in a situation when it's something you'd have to address.

If you want to go push-pull the EK XE 240 radiator is class leading, and the PE is also a great choice if space is an issue.

I would agree with Hooded that the LP240 or LPX240 (crossflow) are also really good bang-for-buck radiators.
          Looks like the Predator is EOL and will be replaced by a modular unit... So I am assuming you can buy just the rad/pump/res/ combo entirely on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
            May be that will help:

Thanks Daz... was a great Vid, and I learned a lot.

Comment

I did a mock up of wc parts in the PSU side of my case, and it isn't gonna happen... too cramped and airflow will be impeded. SoOoOo I have decided that I am just gonna have to go all out with this. Full 360, possibly a crossflow, hard tubing, either the heatkiller res with DDC pwm, or Dazmode's D5 Barrel with pwm.

Comment

Cross-Flow Triple LPX360 Extra Slim Radiator VS. NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm .... I can't find much difference between the two, other than the extra ports, paint finish, and copper chambers with the Nex, even fpi is pretty much the same... am I missing something that justifies almost twice the price?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
                  Cross-Flow Triple LPX360 Extra Slim Radiator VS. NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 360mm .... I can't find much difference between the two, other than the extra ports, paint finish, and copper chambers with the Nex, even fpi is pretty much the same... am I missing something that justifies almost twice the price?
                  No.
                  My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                    No.
                    Didn't think so... thanks.

Comment

So looking at EK, Alphacool, and Darkside rads, I noticed the inside of the ports on Alphacool have a lyer of pain, while the ek are plated, and the Darkside are clean brass. Is there a chance of the paint on the Alpha rads to slowly deteriorate over time and contaminate the loop? Same question with the EK rads. Also, Daz are you getting any non X flow 360's in any time soon?

Comment

Working...
                      X