Whitch PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitch PSU

Haven't been here for quite some time, but I figured if any one would have an answer to this question it would be here.
    I have a Dark Power "be-quiet", but it's acting up, I have to send it back to Germany to get it checked out.
    This first post describes the problem perfectly.

http://www.be-quiet.net/forum/showth...ull=1#post3910

Corsair, Seasonic (same as be-quiet so I've read) ????

None of them seem to be with out problems, even the most expensive and reliable are DOA sometimes or quit after a number of months or a few years, sometimes even less.

I wouldnt sent to to DE. Save up and get new one.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

What is DE ?
      Thinking of cutting my losses at this point and getting a Corsair.
      I found a used 650 for 60 bucks, but it's bottom of the barrel.

Comment

I think that Dazmode was saying to not send it back to Germany (DE fo Deutschland) as it would cost you a lot in terms of shipping. (Unless Be-Quiet is paying you the shipping but brands usually only pay the return shipping even if you can negociate, especially if the PSU is still under warranty).

If you want a good PSU I would advise you to check the following tier-list : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...tier-list.html

Just remember that a Tier-1 PSU doesn't mean you will never have issue with it. It means that statistically speaking, you have less chance to have issues with a Tier X than with a Tier X+1. If I were you I would not buy an used PSU, especially if it's not a Tier 1 or 2. It would not be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trilition View Post
          I think that Dazmode was saying ...
          Yes, exactly what I had in mind.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks Guys.
            Sounds like the best I can do is to buy from a well established company where I don't have to send it back to the moon for a warranty claim.
            Time to do some more research.
            I always buy top notch components at any rate because I push things pretty far with computer based frame interpolation and Madvr.
            Things would have been fine if I didn't have to send it all the way back to Germany.
            Others have been having this sort of problem too and there have been cases where nothing wrong was found with the unit _ so there's that gamble as well.
            Reading some of the negative reviews about Corsair at Newegg isn't very encouraging either. Many report a buzzing sound and have been told that it's normal, some times tech support was blaming the wiring in the house for the cause of the noise.
            What a pain in the ass !

Comment

EVGA has great support and PSU's, I pretty much wont buy from another brand anymore. Except maybe Seasonic, but I don't know their return policy.
              My Imgur

Comment

Probably going to go with this:
                https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...82E16817438064

Contacted EVGA and asked them where they are located and to find out if a brown-out _ on/off power fluctuations were covered and got this back from them.

Thank you for contacting us. *If you ever have any warranty related issues we could set up the replacement which our closest facility would be in Brea California, U.S.. * You would be covered for the full length of the warranty on the PSU if any issues arise. We are here 24/7 so we are very easy to get in contact with for support. *If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us anytime.

Looks like sending it back to Germany is out, 90 bucks is the cheapest, sort of a waste of money really.
                Sending it by courier is even worse.

Was considering Seasonic, but the cables are of the ribbon type _ don't want that, too hard to route.

Comment

Looks like be-quiet came through after all, I was given a specific email address from NCIX for an actual employee at be-quiet, not just some generic warranty claim link.
                  There going to send me a new unit, providing I send the old one back _ not to Germany, but to an address in Vancouver B.C.
                  I'm not sure what I'm going to get, since the 850 isn't listed anymore on the US or Canadian NCIX sites.
                  It is still listed on the actual be-quiet site though...

I'll keep this thread updated.

Comment

Working...
                  X