Replacing D5 Vario Pump on XSPC Photon 170 Pump / Reservoir Combo Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing D5 Vario Pump on XSPC Photon 170 Pump / Reservoir Combo Unit

Posted this same question on Hardware Canucks Guys....

Hi Guys....yep been awhile since Ive been on here.....been almost 3 yrs since I built my Watercooled beast and I realized I have touched the thing i since I built it !!!!!
    Yes...even with what looks like mushrooms growing in the glass reservoir everything is running great...amazing eh?!
    Anyhow decided to rip it apart yesterday and today.....clean out the rads really good, opened up the 2 x EKWB for both 780Ti's and the Supremacy EKWB for the 3930K CPU....a bit of gunk but not too bad...I am replacing the tubing for sure.

Now...I was putting it all back together and the little red knob for the D5 Vario Pump broke off...tried crazy gluing it on but nothing will turn in there and I have no idea if its set to 5 3 or 1, so looking at a replacement pump but want to keep the XSPC Reservoir unit as all my mounting arrangements and Bitspower Fittings work fine with it..

Question is will this D5 Vario Pump that Daz has availablework within my Photon resrvoir (I also have the Bitspower Modding Kit that threads onto the bottom of the photon reservoir.

Heres what I have:

D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo — XSPC - Performance PC Water Cooling

And here is what I was going to order fro Daz

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...io_8-24v_pump/

Will this work for me....just dont want to replace the entire Reservoir and mounting system, just the pump.

Or do i have to prder the actual D5 Vario "XSPC Branded Pump" from Amazon ...pretty pricey if its basically the same pump that Daz has

https://www.amazon.ca/XSPC-Vario-wit...68466&sr=1-107

Thanks in advance guys
    3930K @ 4.9 Ghz w EK Supremacy
    RIVE w 16GB Dominator 1866 Mhz
    SLi 780Ti w EK Full Water Blocks n Backplates
    XSPC Photon 170 D5 Vario Pump / Rez Combo
    900D w XSPC RX 480, EX 360 & EX 240
    AX 1.2 Kw
    W10 HP x64

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling is like taking an Alcoholic to an "All you can drink" Mexican Beach Bar!!

They are one and the same in dimensions, I have the DazMode Vario version with the BP trim kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0466.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	77432
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Mushrooms, alright!

Yep, it will work no problem in the Photon res/pump combo kit as is, with the BP dress-up kit too.

Good luck!
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
        Mushrooms, alright!

Yep, it will work no problem in the Photon res/pump combo kit as is, with the BP dress-up kit too.

Good luck!
        Ok thanks guys...I'll go ahead and order it ...get this back together..!!

YES...Mushrooms....while they more looked like sea anenomies growing on the tube with the XSPC brand inside the glass reservoir....been 3 yrs without changing liquid...inside of all the blocks looked fine (no corrosion at all)...the top GPU was running about 10c warmer then bottom GPU and it turned out to be a small glob of gunk (more mushrooms) in the Water Block!!

Inside of the Feser Tubing was surprisingly clean as well!!

The liquid i used was Feser clear.

Thanks again!
        3930K @ 4.9 Ghz w EK Supremacy
        RIVE w 16GB Dominator 1866 Mhz
        SLi 780Ti w EK Full Water Blocks n Backplates
        XSPC Photon 170 D5 Vario Pump / Rez Combo
        900D w XSPC RX 480, EX 360 & EX 240
        AX 1.2 Kw
        W10 HP x64

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling is like taking an Alcoholic to an "All you can drink" Mexican Beach Bar!!

Comment

Working...
        X