Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question re feser-one

Hi Guys,

So, I got a deal on an i7 6850k and will be draining and cleaning/refilling my loop after getting this new cpu/mobo, etc installed...

I am currently running Feser One, Pure Blue: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...uid_pure_blue/

I am curious if it would be safe to water it down, so-to-speak as I find the blue a bit too dark. Would this compromise the biocides too much or is it okay to simply water it down with pure distilled water? I'd still plan regular maintenance intervals of 8 - 12 months...

Still quite new to custom loops, so what is probably common-sense is somewhat of a mystery to me.

Thanks in advance,
    Mack

It should be ok, as long as you aren't like going 50/50, ie. another 20% water is ok for about an 8-12 month maintenance interval.

The best option to water it down though, would be to spend a few bucks and get some Dazmode Protector, as it is a compatible additive to Feser One (both Ethylene Glycol I believe) and it is clear, so if you want to be super safe, mix some of that in with some distilled water, and add it. This combo would give you the protection you need (that's what she said) and allow you to water down the dark blue. I can agree with this. The blue is almost black, more of a midnight blue IMHO.

I just did this and it worked out fine for some red Feser One. Well so far anyway
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Awesome, suggestion 10e - I will do exactly that!

Yea, it looks black near the bottom of my res as I only have the top lit. The light only gets down a couple inches into the res, LOL

Thank you kindly!

-Mack

Comment

Do not dilute it without adding more biocide, like dazmode protector.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thanks, Daz. Just ordered some from you.

Comment

Okay so lesson learned - that's the last time I put pure feser-one blue in my loop. It took 15+ liters of distilled water to flush all the blue out, and a mayhem blitz cleaning, and a block dismantling and q-tip scrubbing. (So glad I ordered the blitz kit when I ordered the dazmode protector - stuff works fantastic!)

I think I'm gonna stick to distilled water and dazmode protector.

First time cleaning out a custom loop so maybe this is a normal part of maintenance, but just seemed to be a bigger pain in the butt, than I expected! LOL

-Mack

Comment

surprised it took you that much to get the dye out. I usually have the same thing when I use pastel, as pastel particles take a long time to wash out of loop. I used Feser one green for about 2 years and everything came clean with single rinse.
              My Imgur

Comment

Strange - beginners luck maybe... or maybe just the blue variant of feser-one?

Comment

It usually hard to switch colors and i dont recommend it.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I can see why... I guess I'm just lucky it wasn't in my loop very long.

Comment

I found with the years I had used feser (new loop will be filled with something else) that I didn't really have problems with staining with the red of the uv black but the tubing would go cloudy from the plasticiers. It wasn't really noticable with liquid in the loop but you pop the tubing off the fittings and it became noticable.
                      Corsair 800D
                      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                      Software Developer

Comment

I've never had problems with staining using the pre-mixed Feser one with colour in it, but I did when I added dye (whether Feser or any other Ethylene glycol compatible dye) after the fact.

Mayhem has some non-staining dye that is organic and contains biocides so that might be a better option to mix with pure distilled water.
                        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                        X