1070 TI or RX 56?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1070 TI or RX 56?

Just about to sell my RX580... found it a little underwhelming in terms of performance to be honest.... I want to buy a Vega RX56 but just noticed the 1070TI is now available. Price difference here in Canada is ridiculous for a RX56, but I have a friend in the U.S who can get a XFX RX56 for $419.99 U.S... after exchange and shipping, I'm still saving close to $200 compared to Newegg.ca @ 714.99!!! INSANE!! . I see the 1070TI is available for around $619.... so about the same for the RX after jumping through hoops and hoping I don't get charged for Duty. So question is.... what is the better card in terms of performance? I know it uses GDDR5 and not 5X... I'm totally lost when it comes to Nvidia...
    Last edited by Gutternutz; 11-05-2017, 07:19 PM.

Generally the 1070ti will be better than the 56. Vega wins in very few games, only know of Forza 7 where vega wins by a lot. However unless 1070ti is way cheaper than the 1080 for some reason, the 1080 is a better choice.

Can your buddy get me a vega64 for really cheap? lol, jk.
    My Imgur

Comment

1070 Ti. It's $580:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...82E16814500431
      Last edited by Cyclops; 11-05-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
        Generally the 1070ti will be better than the 56. Vega wins in very few games, only know of Forza 7 where vega wins by a lot. However unless 1070ti is way cheaper than the 1080 for some reason, the 1080 is a better choice.

Can your buddy get me a vega64 for really cheap? lol, jk.
        Yeah he can. $519 U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
          Is this a good price? Like I said, I haven't been following Nvidia for a while. Plus I think the TI has GDDR5 and not 5X.. is that a biggie to be concerned about?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
            Is this a good price? Like I said, I haven't been following Nvidia for a while. Plus I think the TI has GDDR5 and not 5X.. is that a biggie to be concerned about?
            It's a good price. It's practically the same performance as a 1080. GDDR5/5X doesn't make much of a difference.

Comment

Unless you really want to stick with AMD for brand reasons I don't see why anyone would pick Vega 56 over a 1070Ti/1080(high end 1070Ti overlaps low end 1080 price wise depending on sales). 1070Ti outperforms Vega 56 in most scenarios while using less power and running cooler.

Comment

F'n losers on Kijiji waisting my time and fuel... looks like I will try and sell the 580 on here.... and thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

So after looking around on Newegg, I see some of the 1070ti's are priced the same as some 1080 models... I don't get this might as well buy a 1080

Comment

Didn't get a 1080, but got this bad boy instead... http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...-review,1.html Click image for larger version

Name:	img_8811.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	78723

Comment

niiice, looks good.

Comment

Working...
                      X