Water Loop Order & Fan/Rad Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Loop Order & Fan/Rad Help

Hello everyone, This is my first tie posting here and was looking for some advice. This is my first water cooled build. I have read and read and Im a little confused.

My equipment:

AsRock Z77 Professional
    i7 2600k @ 4.7ghz --> water cooled
    8gb Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2000mhz @ 1866mhz
    2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Classified --> water cooled
    OCZ ZX Series 1000w PSU
    H2O-320 Elite Series: (Includes MCR320-QP Res R2 triple 120mm Radiator, Apogee Drive II cpu waterblock, 3 x Helix 120mm PWM fans)
    MCR140-QP Rad - will be pairing w/ Enermax TB Vegas Duo
    Black Ice GT Gen 2 Stealth 120 - will be pairing it w/ Ultra Kaze 120 fan 3000rpm (I chose this one because I read that at least 2500-2800 fan makes this rad optimal since it has a high density FPI)
    XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Clear Reservoir - w/ D5 Variant Pump
    2 x EK-FC480 GTX - Acetal connecting both cards with a parallel bridge
    AeroCool Touch-2100 Fan Controller

Im a little confused with the order of my loop. I know that your res should be before the pump but I kinda have a CPU block/pump combo and a pump/res combo. Here is a pic of how I plan to make my loop. Now its not on the drawing but the H20-320 rad has a built in res. So with the loop I have it going from the cpu block/pump to the res/pump. Just wanna make sure its fine the way I set it up.

My other question is, where I have the 120 rad on the bottom of the case, should I put the fan under the rad to push through or on top to pull the air through? Currently the drawing doesn't show a fan there but I will be adding one there.

If anyone can help me out it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I see no picture...
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Put fan on top of rad and push air down through bottom of case so you don`t blow warm air into the case.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
        Put fan on top of rad and push air down through bottom of case so you don`t blow warm air into the case.
        agree. or do push pull like i did in my case but definitely OUT of the bottom
        The Ultra Fancy Build
        The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
        The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

I think I see your confusion on the loop issue.

to ease your pain starting at the res/rad combo ... just consider it a rez.
          it will only become useful if you need to use the rez to help bleed your loop...
          or make it a drain port depending on where its located in your chassis.

simple loops go: REZ - PUMP - BLOCK - RAD and back to REZ
          there is always debate about putting a rad, like in your case maybe, between the GPU and CPU.
          honestly, this just makes for a messy, tubes all over the place, loop.
          and the temp benefits just aren't there IMO.
          there is no harm in running a loop with mulitple rads stacked in succession.

and btw, what chassis are you going to use.... very few will house all those Rads easily.

I also see you've listed SLI 560ti448 as your GPU of choice, and the EK-FC480 GTX blocks.
          I don't think these are compatible... perhaps you need to look at the FC580 blocks?

ya, and as always, we like lots of pics!
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
          X