140mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140mm

what fans you guys using on your 140mm rads?

I got these... not bad IMO, but is there anything you like better?
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=044266
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

I don't have one but if i where to plan a build and chose something, i would go for these http://www.cougar-world.com/products...d_led_fan.html . they look really good
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

If you do not care about noise SanAces or o6ther fans with hard blades and powerful motor will do significantly better job. Old servers are good source for those, they last forever.

The rest is the same really.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

They seem to move a lot of air for only 1200rpm! That line of fans has a cool look.
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          If you do not care about noise SanAces or o6ther fans with hard blades and powerful motor will do significantly better job. Old servers are good source for those, they last forever.

The rest is the same really.
          I second this.
          Theyre pretty much all the same. I've used 6 of these in a push/pull setting with good results (but quite honestly too expensive for that kind of performance.)
          http://ncix.com/products/?sku=78186
          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Bung,use a 140 to 120 fan shroud with whatever 120 fan that you want. !20 fans generally have a lot more pressure and the shroud provides an added bonus of uncoupling the center of the fan which is usually a dead zone.
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

im using those exact fans bung but orange, there abit loud (i like really silent) and the light on them is rather weak if your needing that.

ill probably be switching to those new corsair ones sometime soon

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                Bung,use a 140 to 120 fan shroud with whatever 120 fan that you want. !20 fans generally have a lot more pressure and the shroud provides an added bonus of uncoupling the center of the fan which is usually a dead zone.
                very true. This is why I stay away from 140mm rads all the time - crappy, cheapo fans... I also noticed black fans always outperform colored and clear fans, possibly as blades are harder and thinner then colored soft blades
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  very true. This is why I stay away from 140mm rads all the time - crappy, cheapo fans... I also notices black fans always outperform colored and clear fans, possibly as blaids are harder and thinner then colored soft blades
                  Yes you are right, the flexing of the blade structure reduces the angle at which the blade cuts through the air resulting in less air being moved. Also the deeper fans such as the 38's and 50's have even better pressures due to the blades having more surface area to push air and generally a stronger structure to resist flexing.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by Neo182 View Post
                    I second this.
                    Theyre pretty much all the same. I've used 6 of these in a push/pull setting with good results (but quite honestly too expensive for that kind of performance.)
                    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=78186
                    I understand that Noctua has an almost cult following, but I just can't get passed their colour! I think there are a bunch of other fans that perform as good (maybe better) for a LOT less money and with better looks! I'm a big fan of the Cooler Master Sickle Flow fans. They move a lot of air and are quiet too.
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Working...
                    X