Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtx 670 Questions !!

Hey Guys, hows everyone doing !!!

I just had a few questions regarding the gtx 670, so firstly I am a proud owner of the Asus Gtx 670 Direct CU2 !!
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=055201

I was planning to go with the XSPC Razor 670 block until I realized that they ONLY support the reference edition and NOT the Direct CU2 edition.
    For the Direct CU2 edition, only EK makes the water blocks and I dont want to go with the EK block for 2 reasons, XSPC is cheaper and better looking with the LEDs ofcourse.

Soooooooooooo, I started doing some research since I was thinking of exchanging my 670 for a HD7970 + $25 becuase the block on that one looks even better, but without much luck I decided that it was a bad idea.
    Then I started asking all my friends who have a GTX 670 reference edition pcb and 4 of them had the reference editions and 1 had the Gigabyte windforce gtx 670, which uses the GTX 680 PCB, so I asked him to switch his card with mine.
    He is a close friend so without much hesitation, he agreed.

Now here is my new dilemma, my build has a red and white theme (yayyyy for team Canada :p). But the PCB on the windforce 670 is BLUE. So now my question is that 1. Can I use the XSPC Razor gtx 680 waterblock on this card ?? I know the answer is YES but has anyone read anywhere about anyone who has used it ?? I just want to confirm it before making any purchases. 2. Like I said I have a Red and White theme, and the PCB on this card is BLUE, so can I put on a 680 backplate on this card so it doesnt look ugly ??? If so which backplate can I use, EK, EVGA, Asus ?? I dont think XSPC make backplate for the GTX 680 !!

HELP ME PLEASE

I think your best bet is to bite the bullet and get the EK block and backplate. That way you know for sure. btw I have 2 windforce 670's with the EK's
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I agree with gdesmo. With the EK setup, you know it will fit without stressing over it.
      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

AND

Originally posted by coldbloded View Post
        ... so firstly I am a proud owner of the Asus Gtx 670 Direct CU2 !! HELP ME PLEASE
        But get this back first.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Your 670 DirectCU II is an awesome card, get it back. Don't worry about aesthetics rather than the performance or the card. The reason your friend switched so easy is because of the performance factor.

Use this to find the blocks and backplates you will need. http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/
          Asus Z170 VIII Hero | i7 6700K | G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 2800 | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 | Samsung 850 Evo 500 | CorsairAX1200 | Silverstone TJ11 | Caselab Pedestal | GTX 780 Lightning SLI
          EK Supremacy CPU | RX480 + RX240 | MCP35X2-W | BP Z-Multi 250 | AP15's | BP Fittings | Distilled + Silver |

Comment

Agreed with the rest of what the senior members have said. I got 2 of the EVGA gtx 670 FTW cards my self with the EK clear plexi 680 blocks on them. Depending on what case you have and how often you look in your case you will not see them. If you can see them then over time you will not see them. All you will see is how good and clean your case looks inside and you know how cool it will be running.

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
              I think your best bet is to bite the bullet and get the EK block and backplate. That way you know for sure. btw I have 2 windforce 670's with the EK's
              ^ this.
              I was going to chime in but everyones tips are accurate.
              Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
              Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Actually i still have the 670 cu2 we havent switched as per yet but my only concern is that the 670 blocks look so babyish :p and the fact that i have xspc cpu block and the xspc ram block, it would make more sense to have the xspc gpu waterblocks too and the winfdorce pcb is from 680 so i can fool myself thinking that i have the 680(cuz technicaly if i overclock my 670 enough i can surely achieve same heights of performance). I thought it was a good idea but alot of you are against it so now i am confused all over again :p

Comment

Also the cu2 block from ek is much more expensive at $125 compared to the 670($105) and the 680($110) blocks from xspc..........and they look so much better :d

Comment

Working...
                  X