Xbox Blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Blocks?

So the water bug has gotten me.. and my entertainment components are all in a closed cabinet using an IR repeater where necessary.

but my Xbox runs very hot (as they do)

XSPC makes waterblocks for the Xbox is this something you could custom order if a person was interested in them?

I considered this too, but for PS3.
    would be a pretty cool mod if you can pull it off.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
      I considered this too, but for PS3.
      would be a pretty cool mod if you can pull it off.
      I looked into the PS3 as well but I guess there were a lot of motherboard variations and after a certain point manufacturers stopped making kits so it depends what you have but from what I've been reading the XSPC Xbox blocks come in standard and slim 360 variations
      http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterb...ugpu-original/

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterb...xbox-360-slim/

and the Xbox gets MUCH hotter than the ps3 so I feel like there is something to accomplish. Even running it hard the back of the cabinet being open seems to be enough for the ps3
      Last edited by dave.leblanc; 04-19-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

gonna need something like this too

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15...107s1076#blank

doesn't have to be that product or brand

Daz can you get your hands on any pump, res, rad combo units? the smaller the better

Edit:

since I see you carry Swifttec

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...l=g30c107s1076

they make a dual 120 and triple 120 combo for the DDC pump

if you could get that and an Xbox Slim block it would save me from having to order from someone else
        Last edited by dave.leblanc; 04-19-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.leblanc View Post
          gonna need something like this too

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15...107s1076#blank

doesn't have to be that product or brand

Daz can you get your hands on any pump, res, rad combo units? the smaller the better

Edit:

since I see you carry Swifttec

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...l=g30c107s1076

they make a dual 120 and triple 120 combo for the DDC pump

if you could get that and an Xbox Slim block it would save me from having to order from someone else
          Looks like a nice little unit, here's a bunch of pics of the XSPC dual blocks that I will be using for cooling some of my Tec's. >>> Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130419-00179.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	75196Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130419-00180.jpg
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	75197Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130419-00181.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	75198Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130419-00183.jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	75199Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130419-00185.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	75200 I get these at FrozCpu. Unfortunately you can't expect Daz to carry everything, but he does his best to accommadate us and does a great job !
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
            Unfortunately you can't expect Daz to carry everything, but he does his best to accommadate us and does a great job !

I think Daz does a fantastic job and carries a good variety of products. I just thought I'd ask if they might be something he could special order since they are brands he carries. If it's not I understand just giving Daz the chance to move a couple special order items if they are available to him

Comment

Many store owners advised me privately to steer away from consoles, as it full of "morons who don't know what they doing". Also, I don't own or have any interest in consoles and can not be subject matter expert in that field, which is mandatory @ DazMode.

Having said that if you need something from list of my existing suppliers, I can bring any part you want. This is special order for!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Aquacomputer I can bring, but I dropped Swiftech over disagreements on pricing structure and warranty coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  Many store owners advised me privately to steer away from consoles, as it full of "morons who don't know what they doing". Also, I don't own or have any interest in consoles and can not be subject matter expert in that field, which is mandatory @ DazMode.

Having said that if you need something from list of my existing suppliers, I can bring any part you want. This is special order for!
                  Oh no ! I'm a moron now with 4 console blocks ! LOL Daz
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                    Oh no ! I'm a moron now with 4 console blocks ! LOL Daz
                    I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum more than capable for such project, but reality is that console's users statistically speaking are less sophisticated in DIY area and require more babysitting, so business case does not stand.

Comment

I know what you are saying and have to agree !

Comment

I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum more than capable for such project, but reality is that console's users statistically speaking are less sophisticated in DIY area and require more babysitting, so business case does not stand.
                        Agreed I had a few friends asking me to do this to their Xboxes. Not that it be would a challenge. I don't feel the need to undertake such a small project. Everyone on this forum is more than capable of modding a console to watercooling standards.
                        Apart from keeping it frosty , I don't see why you'd want to mod a console...I mean..i do...but i'm not a console gamer... (even though I own both xbox and ps3..)

To each their own I suppose.
                        Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                        Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Exactly , I've gotten asked one too many times...People that want to do this pretty much drop the whole project on your head. If you so happen to order the wrong block for them ; they blame you.
                          That being said , whowever wants to take console WC projects on : Xoxide and frozenCPU offer a few different blocks and from experience some of the xoxide fans from FB are always willing to help out a noob.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

no offense but i wouldnt invest any more money into current consoles, new ones are just around the corner.

if anything get a new case for it, a waterblock itself is probably worth more then the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post
                              no offense but i wouldnt invest any more money into current consoles, new ones are just around the corner.

if anything get a new case for it, a waterblock itself is probably worth more then the 360.
                              even with them Right around the corner unless the new gen Xbox is backwards compatible (which MS's track record says at best it will only be partial) I'm not going to immediately stop playing my 360. the SoC in the slim might have been a "revolution" but it creates a TON of heat and since all of my AV gear sits inside a closed cabinet this heat has nowhere to go.

All said an done yes it will likely cost me the cost of the Console by the time you add up the block & pump/res/rad combo but part of this is also having another project after I build my Server-Station.

Daz thanks for heads up on brands and what you carry/can special order. Between Aquacomputer's pump/res/rad and XSPC's block there isn't much else to add to this equation. I'll contact you about the details of a special order when I'm ready to move to the next project.

Comment

Working...
                              X