Need to drain my loop, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to drain my loop, please help

I built my loop a while a go now, maybe you remember it anyway. I have decided to add a Ram Block (yeah I know not nessasary, its for aesthetics only) Anyways just figure I ask to see if anyone can give me advice on the best way to drain my loop with out making a mess. When i plotted my loop draining it was never a consideration as this was my first go at a custom loop and the thought never crossed my mind, cause im terrible anyways...........

heres my loop order

res > 360 top rad > cpu > 7970 > 7970 > 240 front rad > res

Pretty much I figure ill turn the case upside down, throw a fitting and hose on the bottom card (closest to PSU) turn it back over and let it drain.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Is it a pump res combo up front, if so you could possibly drain it from there if you had a combo similar to the RP 452 koolance. Otherwise I would personally just pop out the psu and put a container in that space and drain it that way. Just be careful anyway you do it in case there is some built up pressure in the system, put a towel on anything nearby.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

the res in the front is a XSPC dual bay, dual d5 pump combo

Comment

yep... did we all forget the drain pipe on our first go at it?

totally agree with Gdesmo on this one.
        PSU out, bunch of towels and a bowl.
        open gpu bridge port.... drip drip.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

I think it is safest to take out the psu and drain it the way I suggested, just don't like the idea of turning it upside down and possibly spilling even a little amount of water on cards or mobo.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

also i could undo the lower hose to the front rad @ the rad not the vid card, there isnt anything below it that could get damaged if it got wet....... i did use a non conductive not distilled........ hmmm guess ill just wait for my Ram Block to get here to take my rig off my wall and make a decision

Comment

Ha ! Ha ! You could have been done by now !

Comment

Just unscrew the second port on your lower video card water block.
                Put a bowl underneath it 1st

Comment

I agree with gdesmo also
                  psu out put a bowl in it's place and pop one of the plug of the bottom GPU.

if you take out one of the tubing you will have 2 place liquide will come out from the tub and the fitting and it makes it a little more complicated to controle
                  Orange GT Build
                  Orange V8 GT Build
                  Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Lol I could be done but my block isn't here yet .

Comment

Hi Jinx nice to see a fellow BCer...I too forgot about a drain on my first go....I popped the tube off my vid card and made sure everything was covered by a towel..I spilled a little bit before I got the tube end into the measuring cup. Lesson learned!!
                      CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                      XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

I would make drain tube from bottom card, but that would requires some parts... Or as gdesmo said, take out PSU...
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                        X