X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syntaxtothe
    replied
    I remember watching this video on youtube - its priceless
    How would one go about priming their pump mate?
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Please don't fill your loop like this idiot did.
    Filling Water Loop Fail!

You think it might have been a good plan to prime the pump before he turned it on.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Originally posted by PerryC View Post
    Thanks FF...stock cooler still there right now, but its days are numbered.

Now next couple of questions (all related to gpu blocks)...

a. is there a difference performance wise between a serial or parallel bridge? Advantages and disadvantages to either choice?

b. are back plates absolutely necessary? I am planning on using them, just finding a retailer with the ones I need in stock is an exercise in patience.

Perry
    I personally never find a much difference between serial and parallel set ups. In serial next card is barely 1 degree hotter.

On backplates, answer is all over the place... Some do not even touch GPU pcb, while others come with thermal pads and actually dissipate some heat.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Just run blocks in series, the blocks have very little restriction and at higher flow rates you will not see any difference in temps, like Hooded said match up back plate with same Man. if you can. Welcome to our forum !

Leave a comment:

• MRDcanadian
    replied
    to dazmode. glade to have another member coming to be part of the group. looking forward to see your work.

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    I hear that a parallel bridge won't reduce the flow as much as a serial setup, and cards will run at the same temps. However I have no seen anything in the way of testing to back that theory up. Some say it won't make a difference.
    Your back plate will pretty much need to match the GPU manufacturer, other wise no grantee that there will work together.

Leave a comment:

• Doxy
    replied
    b. backplates offer mostly aesthetics.

Leave a comment:

• PerryC
    replied
    Thanks FF...stock cooler still there right now, but its days are numbered.

Now next couple of questions (all related to gpu blocks)...

a. is there a difference performance wise between a serial or parallel bridge? Advantages and disadvantages to either choice?

b. are back plates absolutely necessary? I am planning on using them, just finding a retailer with the ones I need in stock is an exercise in patience.

Perry

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    To the dazmode Zone

Good too see that stock cooler gone

Looking forward to seeing The build

Leave a comment:

• PerryC
    replied
    Thanks, hopefully this turns out somewhat half decent.

The blue colour scheme on the Asus mobo kinda threw out my original theme concept, and I am not really too interested in looking for a different board right now. NCIX kind of botched it even more when they sent me a red sleeved 24 pin extension, instead of a black one. I still liked it enough to use it.

This is what it looks like right now (without my fancy artwork above)

Front:

Back (cable management needs more work):

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    hey Perry welcome to the wonderful world of Dazmode!
    I've been waiting for a Phantom 630 build.

if you're going strictly with distilled, please just add DazProtect.... its all you need.

Leave a comment:

• Neo182
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Filling Water Loop Fail!

You think it might have been a good plan to prime the pump before he turned it on.
    Pahaha I remember commenting on the original post of this vid..PRICELESS.

OH GOD , WHY DONT YOU JUST TAKE A FLIPPIN' HAMMER TO IT. GEEZ!

Leave a comment:

• PerryC
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome and replies.

Looks like Gentle Typhoons it is.

By bottom filling do you mean turning the case on its roof and filling that way? Be interesting with this case...its a beast and don't have a flat top on it. On the other hand, with some QDCs on the bottom rad, I could drain and fill from the same spot. Gravity and water's natural tendency to seek its own level would help immensely. Might need a second "drain hose" and QDC to allow air to escape as water moves through the system.

The hard drive bay and drive you see in the pic above will hang from the 5.25" drive bay above it. The mounting plate will come out, then the rad will be laying flat. Something like this, except mine won't have the other drive bay sitting right on top of it (that pic is from the NZXT website, and the closest image to what I am thinking of):

Leave a comment:

• GEARjmr
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Perry . I started watercooling about a year ago and the guys on the forum here are great, havn't steered me wrong yet! I use the GT AP15s and as Hooded suggested some higher rpm fans would be good. Unless you have a fill port set up you might wanna leave a little slack in your res lines so you can pull it out a bit to fill it. Been using UV Blue tubing since the start and its still clear as a bell. Make sure the drain is at the lowest point of the loop and you are good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    Filling Water Loop Fail!

Last edited by Hooded; 04-29-2013, 12:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Doxy
    replied
    is the 240 rad on the bottom gonna be flat on its back or standing sideways?
    b. yeah, a 45 would fit pretty nice
    c. should be enough
    d. gentle typhoons 1850rpm/2100rpm or Noiseblocker NB-eLoop if you can find em.
    e. a very big syringe or usually a home made device something like daz uses in this vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777JcqPVgLU

Leave a comment:

Working...
X