X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Planing My Loop

Hey guys
    I'm working on my first WC loop.
    Im looking for some help on how to run my loop, and what other parts I need to order. As for right now I'll be cooling only my CPU.
    Need a easy way on how to Fill and Drain the System.

Parts I have already

Case: Corsair 800D
    Thermochill Flex 1/2"OD -3/4"ID Tube -White "10 ft"
    1/2"ID - 3/4"OD Straight Low Compression Fitting *8
    1/2"ID - 3/4"OD Rotary 90 Deg *1
    RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel)
    XSPC RX240

DazMode STORM D5
    Bitspower D5 Pump Top (Acetal Version)
    Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - 60mm

D5 Pump Modding Kit - Black
    DazMode Protector

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by cafu; 05-09-2013, 04:43 AM.

Trying to do something similar to this

Comment

Add more rad to spice things up
      "Casper B!"
      I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
      50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

get good fans for the radiator, to name some corsair SP or the gentil typhoon. for the radiator as you want good static pressure. also maybe 2x 45 degree fitting in case you need any, unless you don't mind doing a second order if need them. make sure you use distilled water for the loop and also to flush the parts, you can get that at a grocery store. to look like that you also need some smexy darkside sleeving .

btw

ask away if you have any other questions
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

easy way to fill and drain?

fill: run a 90 off the top of your reservoir and a lenght of hose to either the front or back of your case, personaly i'd go for a through the case fill port on the back but it depends on what you are willing to do to your case.

drain: simple effective way would be a 3 port cube (or something similar depending on what you like the look of) between your pump and reservoir with a small lenght of tube to hang out the side of the case to drain with a plug. To drain i'd open the botom then the fill to let air in, once most of the water is out close up the fill and drain tilt the case around to remove the remaining water from the rad and blocks, repeat till empty.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have to place a next order soon, so just kinda getting a list.
            I got a few SP fans on sale already. As for the next RAD, i wanted to add a RX360 to the Top, and for me to use the RX 240, seems like i have to drill out the bottom HD Rack.

Like This

Or should I do the RX 120 and the rear of the case?

Comment

honestly for the radiator, not sure i will go again with rx series radiator due to the fact XSPC as little port options and other companies product that offer more ports with similar performance . if you decide to upgrade and re-use the radiator you options are limited on how you can mount them and do tube routing. not to mention most accessories for radiators will provide screws in M3 and M4 format (XSPC uses 6/32 screws). quality build are good on them though that is for sure. just keep in mind you will not need all that rad for only a cpu though. for the drain it will depend of you're tubing setup. lowest point of the water in your computer should be where you install your drain. like said before some kind of 3 way adapter will do the trick, after that it's a choice of preference on that 3rd port you will use to drain how you wish to do it, valve or quick disconnect maybe other options that doesn't come to mind right now are available.
              Orange GT Build
              Orange V8 GT Build
              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

I went with the RX cause it seems to work well with lower rpm fans like the Corsair SP quiet version.

Comment

Working...
                X