Nickle and copper water blocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickle and copper water blocks?

I was wondering if mixing copper and nickle water blocks is going to cause me some trouble in my build?

oh, here we go.

specify all your blocks please.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Copper and nickel are fine together, electrolysis rate of the metals is similar hence very little corrosion over time.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

EKWB - DazMode Special Edition - Universal CPU Block - Nickel Edition

EKWB - EK-FC670 GTX CSQ- Plexi Nickel Full Cover Block for GTX670

EK-FB GA AMD KIT - for Gigabyte AMD Motherboards - Plexi
        http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...m_medium=email

Comment

Quite often copper will even be plated with nickel to prevent issues. One of your bigger concerns is mixing copper + aluminum.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

As far as I know, all "Nickel" blocks are copper blocks that have been electro plated with nickel. Copper's thermal properties are simply way better than Nickel, but Nickel tends to look better too a lot of people. The extremely thin layer of nickel has next to no effect on cooling performance.

Too answer your question though, You shouldn't have any problems with those blocks. Nickel and Copper usually don't cause problems together.

Comment

I don't think you have anything to worry about Echo.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

Ok thank everyone, I was having trouble finding this one out after reading that copper and nickle seem to be giving another person a problem with there loop by clouding it and blocking flow. I think it could of been an unclean rad or block since there doesn't seem to be a problem with mixing the two metals.

Comment

The clouding is probably coming from the tubing and fluid, not the blocks. I'd say the blocking might be due too a complicated loop with not enough pump pressure. Got a link to where you discovered this problem?

Comment

gotta go with what Daz said in his latest vid about maintence... Rads could have practically any cheap o crap built into them... best to do major flushing with hot water, or get one of Bart's crazy filteration systems. Otherwise, cloudy water can just be air bubbles, or more likely plasiticizer from the tubes.
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

I saw the thread on overclock.net but it seems to be removed. I wonder what they did to get the problem and if they realized what they did and removed the thread because it was a mistake on their part and didn't want to look bad so they removed it.

Comment

Was an issue with the quality of plating procedure, cleaning and etching of the blocks was not up to par and the nickel plating was too thin allowing nickel to wear or flake off prematurely. Problems have since been addressed and they are fine.
                        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

yeppers. new tech good... old tech old. just like some of us.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Ha Ha ! You are not old ! Now Gears and I, well that's another story kind of like Moses and Noah. True

Comment

Originally posted by TheEcho View Post
                              I saw the thread on overclock.net but it seems to be removed. I wonder what they did to get the problem and if they realized what they did and removed the thread because it was a mistake on their part and didn't want to look bad so they removed it.
                              That was probably about Ek plating issue, that was overblown to epic proportions on Xreme and RRtech. I was handling RMA process for entire Canada for EK behalf (regardless place of purchase) and I collected pathetic 14 blocks, when I'm alone sold hundreds.

I tried to make statistical analysis and 50% went to PT nuke users, about 35% to Silver coil users and rest to everything else (TFC, koolance ), so it was inconclusive.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X