SLI Noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLI Noob question

I think I getting completely rusty on things!

Is that correct that you can not run two monitors from one card and one from other when in SLI?

As soon as I enable SLI, my extended desktop falling part as one monitor get dropped. WTH?
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

In SLI mode, all monitors need to be connected to the same graphics card.

Comment

depense of the videocard, there is a tool in the Nvidia driver that links to a website to help you setup your cables. on my GTX690, the SLI would not work if multimonitor was setup, but if i pluged the wires on the correct connector then i cant have multi monitor with SLI.

go in the nvidia control panel, in the section called 3D settings you should find "configure multi-GPU, surround, PhysX. it will tell you if you are not "optimal"\

go here
      http://www.geforce.com/hardware/tech...m-requirements
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

also one of this will do it too, but I like MrD's solution better.

HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

This oughta help:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gui...680-surround#3

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
            I wish they had this up when I tried to triple monitor my gtx 460's in sli

Comment

Hey Daz. On the Nvidia side I had less trouble running 3x monitors. But they have to be connected to the same card.
              I was able to achieve Nvidia surround (with SLI enabled) by connecting my monitor to both DVI ports and the center monitor to HDMI.

On the ATI front it gets a little tricky. You need to purchase an active display port adapter in order to utilize 3 monitors with Crossfire enabled such as the one linked below.
              http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MINI-DisplayP...item3a7ee21240

I no longer own two identical Nvidia cards so I can't show you the process. Sorry!
              Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
              Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Originally posted by Neo182 View Post
                Hey Daz. On the Nvidia side I had less trouble running 3x monitors. But they have to be connected to the same card.

I have my surround setup running off DV1 on each card (3x 680s).

Comment

Originally posted by jrees View Post
                  I have my surround setup running off DV1 on each card (3x 680s).
                  Are they running in SLI though?
                  I haven't had experience with the latest 600 cards in SLI so I couldn't say If multiple monitor setups work this way.
                  Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                  Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Looks like SLI kills third display. You need tri-SLI to run 3 monitors as I read nVidia charts correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo182 View Post
                      Are they running in SLI though?
                      I haven't had experience with the latest 600 cards in SLI so I couldn't say If multiple monitor setups work this way.
                      Yup. SLI for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                        Looks like SLI kills third display. You need tri-SLI to run 3 monitors as I read nVidia charts correctly.
                        It seems it will run 3 from what I read, but the 3rd only as an accessory display?

Comment

As soon as I enable SLI, third display attached to DVI port on second card goes down.

Without SLI I can run all 3 as extended desktop, no problem

Comment

before i add my third 670, i was using each dvi/vga port and my third screen was in the display port of the first card with an dport to vga adaptor, was using surround/sli/extended desktop without any troubles, i could even plug my tv in hdmi for an extra monitor.

Note that these 6xx series have these four kind of ports: dvi/vga--dvi only--display port--hdmi

With my 470 two screens in first dvi/vga port and one in dvi/vga port of the second card also without any trouble despite de fact that 1280gb are really too short to enjoy surround!
                            Last edited by doom; 08-23-2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

driver issue maybe...

Does your both cards have the same amount of memory et clock speeds?

Comment

Working...
                              X