Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF

I need help everyone,

I cannot seams to launch any kind of 3D Extensive application with my two 6950 set in CrossfireX. i re-installed OS twice. have the latest AMD driver. both cards work like a charm individually.

win 7 Ult 64bit
    saberthoot bios V33.05
    8g of ram
    latest Direct X installed
    custom loop cooling with good temps.

some ppl advise to disable the ULPS in windows anyone have any clue if that is true?
    Last edited by MRDcanadian; 10-04-2013, 11:50 PM.
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

I had the exact same issue MRD. I never did find a solution. 990FX and crossfire 6950 / 6970 just made my system hang. I also tried a myriad of drivers and disabling ULPS with Sa. Trixx.

I sent both graphic cards for RMA testing and they came back fine - I have NO idea what could be causing this issue. Nonetheless i feel you on how frustrating it can be!
    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Sure sounds odd to have those issues on an AMD system! I have no knowledge of AMD rigs, but I'd be combing through the BIOS looking at PCIE options. Are both cards running at 16x PCIE?

Comment

well they where working before that's what is weird. i mean if they work seperatelly (and just did test the one i believe defective on a 30 min BF4 trial, then i dont see the issue :S. i just did the ULPS in the reg edit but right now i only have one gpu in there. i'll be trying putting them back in right now
        Orange GT Build
        Orange V8 GT Build
        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Is there a molex connection needed to mobo for crossfire setup?
          And the molex is functioning?bad crossfire cable?

Only things I can think of

Comment

i get Blue screen now, atikmdag.sys error. BCCode 1000007E. if i can't get that fix in the weekend i'll switch the gtx690 in the orange build. put one of the gpu in the other build since they work perfectly independently
            Orange GT Build
            Orange V8 GT Build
            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

You told, these work before
              Can you try or remember with drivers version and and reinstall these?

And yes ULPS is very important to disable
              And do it after each modification

Like if you did it wirh one gpu installed, and you add the second gpu, redo it
              Because at every change amd driver reset

Install afterburner beta, there a setting for ulps
              Really easy. No need to edit registry

Comment

MRD: did you try any of the AMD beta drivers that help with Crossfire stuttering (13.8 / 13.10)?

Comment

thanks guys, i tried all the above options and still no luck. only thing i didn't try is to install a new crossfire bridge as i don't have a second one
                  Last edited by MRDcanadian; 10-06-2013, 02:39 AM.
                  Orange GT Build
                  Orange V8 GT Build
                  Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

when in catalyst were you able to enable crossfire?

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                      when in catalyst were you able to enable crossfire?
                      yes and it would be ok till i launch a game, any games
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

thanks for the help guys, i'll take my GTX690 and put it in their places instead. i will have to redo my whole tubing run because my reservoir will interfere with the card as it's a whooping 11" long card. i'll put my other 6950 in the other computer and possibly sell the card to a friend unless i have someone else interested as they work individually
                        Last edited by MRDcanadian; 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM.
                        Orange GT Build
                        Orange V8 GT Build
                        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                        X