Extreme Performance 20Wmk 1-Side Adhesive Transfer Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Performance 20Wmk 1-Side Adhesive Transfer Tape

anyone ever bought these and was able to remove the film? mine keeps breaking instead
    Last edited by MRDcanadian; 11-23-2013, 08:13 PM.
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Film ! What film, no wonder my temps are so high !
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

what does it do?used for?

Comment

I believe he is talking about the thermal tape for sticking heatsinks on VRM's and ram modules.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

sorry everyone here is the link
          https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...e_-_2_x_2_0_5/
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Ah yes, lots of fun but an excellent product. What you have to do is cut it to size and then extremely slowly and carefully gently pry up one corner with an Xacto knife. Then slowky lift it up while sliding in the knife as you do, that way the side of the knife will support the film over a larger surface and help from breaking it. Go slow and smooth. Best of luck.

Comment

you recommend using for cpu installation? seams to have a much more thermal conductive then paste?
              Orange GT Build
              Orange V8 GT Build
              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Yes, as long as you have an even pressure on all 4 points of your block. Being 1/2 mm thick it will make up most differences in IHS curvature, but I still believe in lapping the 2 surfaces regardless. That's my opinion though, not totally needed by most.

Comment

i'll see how proficient i will be in removing the films, i was hoping to use them on the gtx690 cores. let's say my first experiment wasn't to good so far
                  Orange GT Build
                  Orange V8 GT Build
                  Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Wait a second there, you said Cpu before ! If you use it on your GPU processor you will have to get slightly thicker tape than stock for the VRM modules because normally a paste is used on the processor. With the tape block will sit a tiny bit further away and not allow the VRM's to touch the block and they will overheat. Gpu I just like to put on MX4 paste and not worry because temps will be way below what fans could possibly do.

Comment

ok thanks man for the tip, didn't consider that one.
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Yes I use those all the time on RAM.

Peel one side and put on component, then peel other side. Surface will look rough after film removal. I use utility knife blade to remove film.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
                          you recommend using for cpu installation? seams to have a much more thermal conductive then paste?
                          While , I seen this kind (graphite) of product used in Notebooks before, my own experiment with 11w silicon thermal pad was a failue. You can experiment if you like, but I'm skeptical.

Comment

well i tried to be very patient a remove the film with a exacto knife, none of the sides seam to be sticky, and it keeps flaking. even did go as far as to take a small piece and heat it up to see if i would see the film melt or get a plastic burning smell and neither came. i may just stick to my thermal paste instead.
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

it works really great on RAm blocks use it there.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X