Best Mini ITX Case For WC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheers! View Post
    One thing to note. With m-itx cases like my bitfenix. I'm having a hard time to figure out the routing of the water tubes. Because the distance are so small and all the parts/cooling blocks/rads are all on different planes of space/axis... a lot of the time how I wanted to route it won't work simply by going point to point. I was hoping to save a bit of money by avoiding lots of 90 degree or other angle fittings and just go point to point. With the 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD TUBES from Fesser... the tube begins to collapse/crush with the very tight bend radius I want.

So I will have to go with angled fittings to make it work.

I don't think this is an issue if you have a huge case. Also I think the overclock potential for a full size motherboard is greater than a mITX board.

Maybe I should have gone with hard tubes and use that kit where you can heat the acrylic tubes and bend them by hand...
    Frosty-G V2's mods are almost done and I'm going to be trying the hard acrylic type tubing for it. One thing I've done though is I've moved all the fans and radiators off-center towards the right so I have maximum video card room. Look for some photos tonight. It's completely different animal than what I had done before and actually lives up to its name.

In your case using the slim fans in the front and top and putting them within the plastic soft-touch panels might afford you more room. The front fans can be put outside the metal chassis if you bend or remove the logo clips.

Unfortunately 45/60/90 degree fittings are a must otherwise, but this is pretty much par for the course for any non full size ATX case. I had the same issue with my Coolermaster N200 in the past as well.

In terms of OC-ability the new ITX boards are pretty close to Micro or ATX though I've found. I can easily get 4.7Ghz on my P8Z77-I Deluxe WD with my I7 2700K. My 3770K unfortunately is not very good of an overclocker.

In my opinion the M-ITX Bitfenix cases are still the best M-ITX watercooling cases, but you lose some compact-ness.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I think I will be going for acrylic tubing myself for this one. Should be a fun little project but will probably be more work than expected.

As for the case I think Ive really fallen in love with corsair's 250D. Amazon says they will ship in 2-3 weeks.
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Working...
      X