Need electrical help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need electrical help

I need some help finishing a project I started a long time ago.

I need an inline flow switch, with a relay that will control a compressor (tell it when to come on and off). I want to put the switch inline with my coolant loop, so when there is flow, the switch is closed and it allows the compressor to come on. If there is no flow, the switch is open and the compressor remains off.

I understand I will probably need a step down 24v transformer to go from 120VAC to 24VAC for my control voltage circuit.

Im looking for something already made/manufactured or to have someone make it. If you know anyone that is really good with this kind of stuff please let me know either via private message or post a reply here. If you need more information also post a message here with the information you need.

Gdesmo most likely can help you, but he is away for couple days till late this coming week.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Thank you Daz. I look forward to hearing from him.

Comment

i can help you i was an electrician for 7 years.

first things first whats the fla rating of the compress (full load amps)

do you want the relay inside or outside of case, can use a 12v relay if inside case.

edit: actually finding a flow switch might be kinda hard, theres flow rating but that wouldnt be wise to use to hold a contact
        Last edited by stephen; 01-20-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Compressor is rated for 11.5 Amps.

Having a flow switch connected to a relay that controls a contactor might be easier, no? 24vAC control voltage would supply power to the relay, and when there is flow, flow switch closes allowing the relay to pull the contacts in and starting the compressor.

Comment

The flow switch is what im getting at if you can find one everthing else is easy

Daz cares flow meters generating a rpm signal not a switch

unless this isnt going to be for a pc?

if its for something else then yeah flow switch runs 24v coil relay and run the 120v across the contacts
            although you could run the compressor switched by flow switch if have decent one
            Last edited by stephen; 01-21-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I'm looking at something like this, but this is too large as I need it to fit into the original A/C case.

http://palmcoasthydroponic.com/shop/safety-flow-switch

Comment

Originally posted by JaskarnSidhu View Post
                I'm looking at something like this, but this is too large as I need it to fit into the original A/C case.

http://palmcoasthydroponic.com/shop/safety-flow-switch
                annddd now I'm on a watchlist after visting that site. If i wasn't already before.
                The Ultra Fancy Build
                The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
                The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

could always gut that i dont imagine the actual float switch is all that big.

and it being half inch barb its win

Comment

I thought about that too, taking it all apart and using the components. I would prefer to find something available in Canada or made in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
                      annddd now I'm on a watchlist after visting that site. If i wasn't already before.
                      Me too... but that was for buying a copy of Anarchist Cookbook...
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

lol bungz, if the feds had any guts it would be legal by now. When it is legal sure hope I don't gotta buy the crap the government's sellin'...lol.
                        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Meh, Jask just go to "musicalparts store" in evil bay and do a search for flow switch they have several available. 3 that are stainless steel with Hall Effect magnets that detect the water flow. They are in the 16-20 dollar range and should do the trick with a relay or my favorite ( fan control relay from forced air heating ) Am a little under the weather for a few more days so don't expect too much from me for a while. Btw, these are Chinese, micro flow switches are way over=priced here. Can look later.
                          Last edited by gdesmo; 01-22-2014, 04:52 AM.
                          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks Gdesmo. I will look into ebay. Musicalparts store?

I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Im looking for something exactly like this

Unfortunately this company has gone out of business or is in the habit of not repsonding to emails or bother picking up their phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X