Looking to watercool but questions first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to watercool but questions first

Hey, new member here. I was looking at watercooling in my 900D but was wondering if it was worth it to replace a H100 with a 240 rad or should I just save up the money and get a triple or quad rad? Also I have a 770 Classi that I would like to watercool but cant find a full cover block for it. If i were to get a universal block what would be the best way to cool the vram? I have a 8350 FX currently overclocked at 4.5Ghz and would like to try to get higher then that

When use universal blocks, you just put heansinks on memory, like p/n DS-0001

If you plan to watercool CPu and GPu, I'd say triple radaitor makes more sence for balance noise / cooling performance ratio.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

So would something like this work on the GPU?

edit: Sorry I just looked at the p/n and they are the same thing.

Are they easy to install and how does the cooling work with the heat sinks?
      Last edited by Kraken; 05-19-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

those heatsinks come with 3M self-adhesive... super sticky stuff.
        they do the trick well enough, may still need to direct some fan airflow on them.

but tell us the which GTX 770 specifically? ie) P/N
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Its the EVGA GTX 770 Classified 4GB with ACX Cooler P/N: 04G-P4-3778-KR

Ok, so I'm thinking of making a midplate instead of ordering from coldplates I believe they are called? If I had fans pointing up towards the card would that work or would that completely kill positive airflow?

Sorry for being such a noob, this is my first build dont really know alot about airflow etc.

Comment

So I think to start off with my first adventure into watercooling I'm going to go with this kit

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...roduct_options

with the tube rez should I also get any rotary fittings and instead of using the coolent soultion the kit comes with I wanted to use the mayhem's pastal mint green would I still need to dilute the pastal or can I just add it to the loop as is?

Comment

Triple Rad D5 Flex kit is great solution.

my best recommend is to only get this kit first.
              add it to your chassis and run it with Distilled only... hold off on fancy coolants.

then step back and see what you like and what you've learned.
              how does it look?
              how do you feel about the temps?
              can you now OC your CPU better?

then, ask yourself if you want to improve...
              I guarantee you will say yes.

Then buy some better fittings, a new rez, another rad, a GPU block.
              but wait until you are 100% satisfied with everything before adding fancy coolant.

we have all made more orders from Daz...
              it happens cause we are never really done building awesome rigs

#drainport
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

sounds like a plan! speaking of drain ports....if i do decide to upgrade the radiators etc should i put the extra time and money into getting a draining system of sorts?

Edit: Do you think Daz would switch out the 3/8" to 5/8" fittings(?) with 1/2" OD to 3/8 ID? So I can use clear tube instead of UV?
                Last edited by Kraken; 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Drain is the one essential that is most lacking in any of the Daz kits.

You do not wish to find yourself pouring in liquid and find a minor leak
                  and have no way to control the removal of coolant,
                  except to spill it on your desk - or worse yet, your electronics.
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

so would attaching something like P/N: BP-MVV-SLBK work with putting it where the second power supply mount is in the basement of the 900D then running tube up to the res?

Comment

for sure. lowest point in loop is best place for drain.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

I'm not sure what would be considered as the lowest point wouldnt the lowest point overall work as gravity would take affect?

Comment

Yes. that is the idea.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Ok, thank you for all your help hopefully I can get the kit soon and then create a build log!

Comment

no problem. its a lot of little details to remember.
                              but we'll be right here for you every step of the way.

is it safe to say,

Release the Kraken?
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X