Cable Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Extensions

Hey so I was wanting to create my own extensions to go with my planned watercooled setup anywho I tried to sleeve a old Ultra power supply with a ATX remover and broke the tool inside of the pin then tried a jewelers set and ended up folding the pin inside of itself so I have decided on just making extensions so I guess my question is....can I just grab some wire crimp it up and stick it into a connector and it should work? Or does it require having knowledge of pin outs and double pins if there are any? I'm now using a Corsair AX 760 and would prefer to learn the art of sleeving instead of buying pre-made cables sorry if this came out super jumbled....rambling like

hey kraken. the extension is simply a 1:1 cable - its why these look so straight and even in pics.

so yes... you can essentially just make one of these using a set of male and female connectors for your Ultra PSU.
    I would highly recommend you first test out that PSU to ensure it works still/properly.
    You can grab these for around 20bucks...

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...er&PageSize=20

if you look around, you'll find that Corsair have a nifty set of pre-sleeved cables for the AX series.
    will save yourself the effort as long as you don't mind spendy spends...

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g11/...ets-Page1.html
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

that being said... you should still choose to DIY.

look here for the Bestest tutorials!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT7...3uwYYZI7bcdJAA
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! The Ultra is just a spare/test, I use the Corsair now and Lutr0 is awesome I'm still deciding between his sleeve and darkside. Only problem is I'm not to sure how the darkside UV green would look with non UV colors. Mainly I'm looking to do this as a side project along with a few mods until I get the cash saved up for the water cooling system. Another mod I have in mind is turning the front plate into mesh on my 900D to help with airflow and I think some neon green mesh would go awesome with the theme!

Still trying to figure out how I'm going to paint in a apartment or on a tiny balcony lol

Comment

I feel your modding lack of proper space. I too live on the 14th floor.

If you want UV green.. use the Darkside LED's
          Bill Owen just did a really excellent comparision vid

HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Kraken View Post
            not to sure how the darkside UV green would look with non UV colors.
            Under normal light it looks like green, with UV present it starts glowing towards pastel hue. Same try for other UV colors.
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I really like the LED's at the start of the video but not really a fan of the UV.
              Here is a screenshot of my first sleeving attempt I did last year on fans with paracord its really embarrassing and sorry about the dust

Off topic: Picture doesn't look to bad for a cell phone picture using a new app called DSLR camera

Comment

Working...
              X