• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 980 Acet+Nick/BP/Dual Terminal

Sold
    Last edited by vroom; 06-11-2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: SOLD
    Tie Fighter
    Caselabs Mercury S5, EVGA X99 Micro, 5930K, EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI, AX 1200i, 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

mmm. feels good. wish I needed some of this
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Not my intention to hijack, but thought I would pass this along to help you save a couple bucks.

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed with the upgrade from a 980 HC to a 980Ti. You will see very little performance difference if any. As well, the performance difference likely will only be seen when benching. I doubt highly you will notice a gain running real-world apps / gaming.

I am one for bigger and badder, but no way could I justify swapping the cards. Maybe if I had a case of SPS, I would, but I am all good there.

By the way, an EVGA 980 HC can be had for $998 brand new from the egg.

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
        Not my intention to hijack, but thought I would pass this along to help you save a couple bucks.

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed with the upgrade from a 980 HC to a 980Ti. You will see very little performance difference if any. As well, the performance difference likely will only be seen when benching. I doubt highly you will notice a gain running real-world apps / gaming.

I am one for bigger and badder, but no way could I justify swapping the cards. Maybe if I had a case of SPS, I would, but I am all good there.

By the way, an EVGA 980 HC can be had for $998 brand new from the egg.
        No offense taken.

998 plus tax is over 1100.

I have to disagree with you on the 980ti. Unless I'm out of the loop here, the 980ti is essentially going to be a Titan X with 6gb. A Titan X is appx 30% faster than a GTX 980, and that extra 6gb I imagine would make very little if any difference in the performance with the exception of games that take advantage of the huge 12gb frame buffer.
        Last edited by vroom; 04-30-2015, 05:15 PM.
        Tie Fighter
        Caselabs Mercury S5, EVGA X99 Micro, 5930K, EVGA GTX 980 SC SLI, AX 1200i, 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

Comment

Originally posted by vroom View Post
          No offense taken.

998 plus tax is over 1100.

I have to disagree with you on the 980ti. Unless I'm out of the loop here, the 980ti is essentially going to be a Titan X with 6gb. A Titan X is appx 30% faster than a GTX 980, and that extra 6gb I imagine would make very little if any difference in the performance with the exception of games that take advantage of the huge 12gb frame buffer.
          ^^This.

The 980 Ti will be just as fast as the Titan X, and that means you will see a big improvement by going from GTX 980 to GTX 980 Ti.
          I hope someone grabs these from you.

Comment

I would imagine the Ti would HAVE to be a significantly better performer, or they wouldn't sell too many. Well, except for GTAV players. That game seems to love the VRAM at higher resolutions. Have the Ti specs been confirmed yet, or is it still rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
              I would imagine the Ti would HAVE to be a significantly better performer, or they wouldn't sell too many. Well, except for GTAV players. That game seems to love the VRAM at higher resolutions. Have the Ti specs been confirmed yet, or is it still rumors?
              They haven't confirmed the specs yet but Nvidia CEO, according to videocardz, has confirmed the existence of 980 Ti with 6GB
              http://videocardz.com/55419/nvidia-g...ure-6gb-memory

Comment

Well the feeling is if there's a buyer, I'm a seller.

Time to upgrade
                Tie Fighter

Comment

I want to upgrade my 780ti's to these in the worse way!!

Comment

Any takers? I'll do 850 shipped per card (Canada). USA shipping extra depending on quote. They don't have to go as a pair. Willing to part out individually. If both are taken they'll go with the Parallel terminal.
                    Last edited by vroom; 05-04-2015, 11:38 PM.
                    Tie Fighter

Comment

Upgrade bug price drop bump. 750 shipped.
                      Tie Fighter

Comment

One card sold, one left.
                        Tie Fighter

Comment

All SOLD but for one block, backplate and terminal. Have the 3 parts f/s on ebay.

Time to get some 980ti action!
                          Tie Fighter

Comment

Everything now sold.
                            Tie Fighter

Comment

Working...
                            X