Wanted: big ass rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: big ass rad

I'm using my "through the wall" garage mounted rad (a Phobya G-Changer rev 2 4x120 60mm thick rad) for a new build, so I'll need to replace it. The larger, thicker, higher FPI, the better. Oh, and cheaper Appearance is not an issue, nor is fan noise since, well, it'll be in the garage!

I thought I found one on HWC BST, a Phobya G-Changer 560 with fans for $80 shipped, but the seller is having trouble finding a box to ship it in. So a 60mm or thicker 4x120 or 4x140 (and up!) would be suitable.

Let me know what you have, your asking price, whether/which fans are included, condition, et cetera.

On further contemplation, I'd prefer a 4x120 or 3x140 rad such as a G-Changer or UT60, but hit me up with what you have.
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-27-2016, 12:30 PM.

If it's in the garage and you don't care about it, just use a car radiator core. Can find those on junkyards for next to nothing and if you get enough metal, you won't even need to bother with fans.

Comment

That's a good suggestion, it reminds me of the early days of water cooling

I think I'll still try to get a non automotive product (perhaps I'll make that plan B). The garage is quite narrow, so I don't want to intrude out to far. It's already set up with a rad mount (for a 120 rad) plus 8x120mm fans and dust filters, and with an auto product I'd need to adapt it to my 1/2 ID tubing somehow. Here is the current setup:

Actually, I'd prefer to leave the garage rad untouched, since it is ideal right now and I could then avoid having to drain and break it down, and simply buy a 3x140 or another 4x120 rad that is 60mm or better and install it straight into my new project. But like I said, I would be willing to look at a 5x120 or 5x140 for the garage instead.

Comment

I still have that RX480 V3, Gr1nder MaN. Send me an e-mail if you'd want it.
        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Sounds like that would suit my purposes well. Will do, thanks 10e!

Comment

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Dual 180mm $60 ($100 bundled with 2xAP182 fans)

I think its equivalent in area to 5x120mm fans.

Comment

Working...
            X