Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All about that storage!

Comment

So here's a thing... FLASH!... ooo them fingerprints!!
      Not to sure how to take the pictures cleanly yet, but where there's a will there's a way.
      This was my first attempt cover... not tooo happy with it.. would like to change a few minor details.
      May paint the white PCI port, and also not sire if I can get CPU cutout tighter, or just paint the silver hold down bracket... maybe both.
      For the most part with all the Watercooling going in front most of what I notice won't be an overall issue.

Last post for a little by the way.
      Few things.
      I'm mainly happy with the build so far, most has gone just as planned... weather the plan was thought of 30mins prior or not is a different storey.
      I fear the only layout in pipework I can fit in, will appear too crowded. but who knows, im not the judge... Function over beauty.
      Im disappointed I could not fit the Flow meter, Temp Sensor, and Filter into the Cold loop. the case could take it... but the pipework involved... Ha, maybe only with a custom acrylic sandwhich… I kinda wanna try one next year, yea know that three layer thick wall where you can see the fluid paths... easiest to see when water is died (enemy to me, maybe one day) , its virtually a pipeless system... anyhow.

Overall the test went great.
      With system fully running, until the D5 unplugged that is.. The ambient air was 21C. HDD rad air was 17C. Cold loop water temp was 15C. CPU was unknown.. running freenas sure isn't as simple to find the CPU specs as it is in Windows.. oh well, one day ill learn Linix
      The hot side was only monitored at the rad air, which was at 32C, this was all monitored up until the 30minute mark. than within the next 15mins I started running around in the most amount of panic after hearing what sounded like no more than someone trying to open the plastic off a disposable fork and knife.. took me a minute to figure out what it was, than actually a couple seconds of wow cool!! until I flipped the switch to the PSU and thought, hmm how much more till it woulda burst... the pipe got to the thickness of saranwrap.

I just received my hopefully final order for this build, from Daz, turns out I can't fit a D5 anywhere in this system. So not much left, sleeve and plumb in that pump, after I cut out a second MOBO cover.. hope all goes well.. who knows, I better not procrastinate. I'll probably end up discovering one more thing... one more thing.. oh one more thing.

Anyhow
      Cheers.

Comment

Whoa! That's a cool idea to cover up the whole mobo!!! Awesome! Heres a tip for taking pictures of shiny flat surfaces from above: get a couple light sources nearby out of frame and turn the camera flash off so the light doesnt bounce directly back at the camera lens and glare!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
          Whoa! That's a cool idea to cover up the whole mobo!!! Awesome! Heres a tip for taking pictures of shiny flat surfaces from above: get a couple light sources nearby out of frame and turn the camera flash off so the light doesnt bounce directly back at the camera lens and glare!!
          Had that in mind for the finish photoshoot, sure is a good tip tho!

I completed my build today... just in the middle on finishing the build log, than posting final pictures

Comment

So I had to pull the RAM tabs off, turns out without them it's just harder to take the ram out. As for the RAM being held in, this Motherboard holds the RAM very firmly.
            Couldn't stand having nearly all black and red build, yet the rear PCI covers were white and silver. So a quick paint job sure fixed this issue.
            I went and did a final test fit of the Mobo Shield, and with a success I fastened the motherboard and than installed the shield one last time, being carful to not smudge fingerprints over it too much after I pealed the protecting layer... Did a pretty good job at keeping it clean, but a quick whip here and there finished the job.
            Then it was re assembly time. piecing all the pipes back in. I found a mix of Dawn soap and water in a bowl, where I would finger dap some one the outside of the pipe, made installing and tightening the fittings 100% easier.

Comment

I finished the pipe work, filled and bleed the system.
              So to explain the loops.
              Round Aqua res fills Bitspower Res, The Aqua res is plumbed to top of case to fill system.

Aqua Res-DC Pump#1-Hot Plate block-120Rad Front-240Rad-Aqua Res
              BitsPower Res-CPU Block-DC Pump#2-Cold Plate block-120Rad Rear-Bitspower Res

Each loop dose run on it's own, due to each pump sucking as much as it's pushing the joining pipe between the reservoirs stays stagnet, unless the air in the cold loop gets to that pipe than it floats up into hot loop and than up into the fill pipe. This can also be proven, as after running for 2hr's my CAT S60 thermal camera measures the Cold Rad at 16C while the Hot Rad's at 32C and the ambient room temp is 24C

The purpose of the cold rad is to blow cooler air through the HDD array.

Comment

Green mobo... we need that back.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  Green mobo... we need that back.
                  I finished the build and took every picture I could. I than left Dublin and went to visit my partner in london till Monday morning. But! I miss the green mobo too.. So i post a couple pics just because, buh my partner said she'll come back north to Dublin with me tmw and i'll remove the black sheild. #LessBeForgotten #GreenMoboForLife

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	85315 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	85317 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	85316 Just because I can tease, here's a near finish photo shoot
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Markes12344; 12-02-2018, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Its so cute, and compact!

Comment

hmmm #tightspaces

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	85343
                          Guess I should show what's behind the front panel

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	85345
                            So turns out its a epic ton load of work to get that Mobo cover off...
                            I put the whole system back together, forgot the RAM, wanna know how hard it is to put in ram behind a rad?, very hard!

Comment

So the system is Bleeding, but here are some pictures with the black shield installed

Comment

Could almost take some of these pic's as final pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X