No announcement yet.

Boosted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I put some white LEDs behind the custom frosted Modders-Inc logo to have it constantly glow white, regardless of case RGB colors. I also put some black paint marker on the glue I used for the volt meters and one ended up bleeding a bit into the front, but it's not really apparent thankfully.
    • I put three red LED Phobya temperature gauges, one will be intake temperature, one exhaust temperature and the other is water temperature. I put intake probe in the turbo housing, I put exhaust probe through the bottom radiator, I enlarged some fins to pass the wire through and sealed it with some hot glue, I then used some thermal resistant tape to secure the water temperature probe to the brass tubing to measure temperature without any flow restriction.
    • I bought a 4" long, 2" ID silicone coupling, cut in half to have two 2" long couplings. I put some AEM branding with vinyl cut since they will be sponsoring the intake filter for this build and offer silicone couplings, but none of them have their branding on it.
    • I then added the @moddersinc tag on the glass like some do on their cars and I also added orange vinyl to two VRM fins to add a bit more to the subtle orange theme.
    • Next is adding orange under LEDs, I just gotta figure out where I'll be taking my 12V from.
    • On top of that, I'm debating on the type of aesthetics I'll be using for the GPU power.

Comment

Great concept and execution. Hope noise isn't an issue, unless you are totally embracing that for style! When you turn it off, do you hear a blowoff valve sound?

Comment

• I modded my GPU to have a white LED strip straight on the 12V to make that waterblock really pop.
        • I took some car harness tape to fit the car theme to manage the temperature sensor and all the orange LEDs (top, rear, above front rad and behind the intake tube), this is made in a way that the case has one Molex to power everything.
        • I decided finally on a method to do my GPU cable, a sort of hybrid between harness tape and sleeved cables, I think it's great.
        • Now, I'm missing the rest of the watercooling and air filter from AEM.

Comment

Working on finishing that mid wall cover

Comment

Mod surprise I was hoping worked, but I had absolutely no idea, with a little bit of trafficking, I managed to get a car tach to read fan tach, seems simple in theory but it's not, a car tach reads 12V ignition cycles and is adjusted per the quantity of cylinders, but a fan tach pulses <1V signal, so anyways, I got a tach to pulse a 12V signal instead so that a car tachometer can read it.

I also dissected a TT Riing Trio, took the exterior dual ring, removed the cable, soldered a new one and jumped the dual ring to make a double sided single ring instead, then I put it in the cone filter to make a fully ARGB cone filter (how many to you think will be at SEMA 2021?)

I also added the last small part of acrylic to finish the motherboard tray.

Comment

Loving this substantially! I miss working on cars hahaha

Comment

Orange powder coated charge pipe adds a perfect amount of orange inside the case, also got my EK Water Blocks goodies to finish off this build! Now, all that's left is some ARGBs do do and putting the AEM filter on the build and I'll be done so consider this the last update before final pictures!

Comment

Last picture before the final photoshoot

​​​​​​​

Comment

I'm not 100% sure I will get the AEM stuff in time, so in the mean time, here are the final pictures in case I don't get it in time for the competition ending!

Whole album : https://imageshack.com/a/W4pr7/1

Comment

Really like that manifold/flange and that gauge setup. The drift stitches, working tachs and big turbo are dope

Comment

Much Tsu Tsu Tsu! Gonna be a hard one to beat!

Comment

man, this built is awesome ! best of luck to you.

Comment

Modding insanity!
                            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                            Venom Build: Build Log,
                            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                            Orange Build: Final Video
                            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

This is insane! Amazing work and modding!
                              Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

Working...
                              X