Other Hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Hobbies?

What other hobbies you fellas got in the works or been doing for a while? I myself got into HiFi. Dont really know how else to explain for those of you who dont know what it is. Lets just day its a very expensive way to listen to awsome music.

My HiFi setup includes:
    Cyrus CD8
    Prima Luna Prologue Two Intigrated Tube Amp
    Wharfedale Pacific PI-20 Speakers
    Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power cord plugged into wall
    Wireworld series 5 Power Cord powering Cd player
    Wireworld series 5 Power Cord powering Amp
    Wireworld Power Bar
    Straightwire Rhapsody S Bi-wired speaker Cable
    Straightwire Rhapsody S Inter Connect

Someday Ill upgrade my speakers when I can afford them. would like to get a pair of PMC Fact 8.
    I have to find where my daughter put the camera and then ill post pic of my system

Sigh you make me miss my Klipsch Belle's
    Corsair 800D
    2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
    Software Developer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020851.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	74959Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020852.jpg
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	74960Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020853.jpg
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	74961Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020854.jpg
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	74962Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020855.jpg
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	74963

Comment

Not up on my Klipsch but they look like they are an older model

Comment

Nice system, seems like a little bit of waste having those two series 5 cables running into a power bar. Time to run a new feed line to the panel, 10/3 cable with a 30 amp breaker. Small array of gold-plated receptacles and maybe a line conditioner.
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Truly a beautiful system; I've not seen many as such, since the days of A & B Sound
            AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

@Canadian damn! And i considered myself an audiophile. That is one serious setup.

*jelly*
              Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
              Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Thanks all! A&B Sound I remember those days. That power bar is all good. I know what you mean though. When we redoo that room and make it into a theater room we will be running direct power to the theater system and of course to the HiFi. It will be a pricey room but best one in the house.

Comment

Perfect, used to be into audio in the 80`s Had a Fons CQ30 Ttable-Grace arm -Denon 103 MC cartridge. Dayton Wright pre with MC input- Ashley electronic crossover feeding a Bryston 2B, 3B, 4B tri-amp. Speakers- Isobaric KEF 104b`s and Morel twin 6 1/2`s with Morel 1 inch ferrofluid cooled tweets. Miss that system badly !
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Nice system CanadianBoy!!

As for other hobbies, I very recently got into R/C. Currently have a Traxxas Rustler XL-5. It's a 1/10 scale electric R/C off-road truck. I've had it out 3 times and broke something on 2 of those runs! Thankfully the after market is huge for this car and parts are cheap.

Here is a link to a thread I started: http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...-Christmas-Toy!
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

R/C was fun. I tried it for a few years. I had a Traxxas T-Max 2.0 Nitro. Similar to what the Classic one looks like. I broke alot of stuff to. I had lots of aftermarket parts. I upgraded my chassis to a Titanium one, titanium rods that went through the upper and lower a-arms, had a tuned exhaust, many different bodies, upgraded shocks, tires and better foam in the tires, redid all the bearings with better sealed ones. The list goes on and on. Go out and buy yourself the biggest tackle box you can find to carry all your extra parts and tools with you and a tote to transport your truck. I found it was easier to transport it around. But my buddy couldnt afford to get into it so i sold it after 3 years. still wish I wouldnt have sold it. but now it seems like it has gotten more expensive to get onto it. maybe one day ill get back to it. It was a blast

Comment

Photography is my newest other hobby.... is fun
                        but like most hobbies costs a little
                        here is a post of my gear

http://www.casemodcontest.com/f47/fa...mera-gear-379/

Comment

haha... I'm providing free medical advice.
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Knowledge is a good hobby Bungz....leaves more dough for other hobbies

Comment

Keep pouring money on DazMode studio... Just pre-ordered latest Canon VIXIA cam, so I can have 3 angles.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X