RX vega pricing BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX vega pricing BS

Anyone else seen that RX vega is going up $100 after launch? Pretty scummy move by AMD not to disclose that, but I can see why it has to be $100 more for them to make money. They should have just launched at that price or at least told the press. But that way it wouldn't even be an interesting launch, as the cards wouldn't compete with the 1070 and 1080 at all for the price. AMD just can't afford the RnD to make a better architecture, but with this whole debacle they should have just stayed out of the GPU race entirely and develop Ryzen until they start making money again.

http://wccftech.com/amds-rx-vega-64s...ductory-offer/
    My Imgur

Even at launch the Vega 64 was 1000 dollars on Newegg. This doesn't change much for me, since for a 1000 bucks you can get a 1080 Ti instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
      Even at launch the Vega 64 was 1000 dollars on Newegg. This doesn't change much for me, since for a 1000 bucks you can get a 1080 Ti instead.
      fully agree.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

You can get em on sale for $900 or so if you're patient. EDIT: the 1080Ti I meant.

Comment

Still got one anyway, just testing it now. Was about 945 tax in.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally they showed up on Newegg at 789 and then went up to 839-849. At this price they are the opposite of a bargain. Even at that price you can buy a regular air cooled 64 with a less expensive waterblock like those Nexxxos GPX from Alphacool and still have a quieter, cooler card than the LC 64 which is showing up over $950.00. WTF.

I await the Vega 56 because I have a strong feeling that with the slightly smaller GPU it will probably overclock better without needing two 420mm radiators to cool it down.

Just get that and a 7900x and expect to have to pay $700.00 in watercooling with $500.00 of it on radiators

I'll be honest though.... This was a dick move on AMD's part taking advantage of this mining craze. And as always, stock is pretty limited making it worse.
            DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
              Just get that and a 7900x and expect to have to pay $700.00 in watercooling with $500.00 of it on radiators
              Why didn't you get a 1950X instead? You get 6 more cores for the same price.

Comment

Why didn't you get a 1950X instead? You get 6 more cores for the same price.
                I think he meant the 7900k is really hot so you would need a lot of water cooling.
                My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                  I think he meant the 7900k is really hot so you would need a lot of water cooling.
                  ^^^^^

I'd take TR over an improperly ITM applied Xeon wannabe any day.
                  DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Comment

NCIX seems to have the best prices atm http://www.ncix.com/category/video-c...0-108-2457.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
                        NCIX seems to have the best prices atm http://www.ncix.com/category/video-c...0-108-2457.htm
                        Those are all on pre-order or back order. They've got nothing in stock.

Comment

Those are all on pre-order or back order. They've got nothing in stock.
                          I hate it. Ordered "in stock, more than 10 available" monitor and it took them 2 weeks to ship! NCIX sucks.

Comment

This is why I quit shopping at NCIX. They're also in a bit of trouble I think, since they closed all their Ontario stores. Direct Canada is either the same company, or owned by the same people, and they're in trouble too. Not looking good for NCIX.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                              This is why I quit shopping at NCIX. They're also in a bit of trouble I think, since they closed all their Ontario stores. Direct Canada is either the same company, or owned by the same people, and they're in trouble too. Not looking good for NCIX.
                              I was picking up at Mississauga store, and half of space was partitioned off, and it seems only two people were present. The whole thing was looking like they were moving out or closing. I was itching to ask what is going on but did not. Newegg always seems better deals, and after FrozenCPU collapse example, I don't feel like dropping more than couple hundred with them anymore.
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X