Talk me out of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of it!

" You got out once. You dip so much as a pinky back into this pond... you may well find something reaches out... and drags you back into its depths."

So I retired the watercooling gear a couple years back and sold off most of it.

I have been thinking about getting back into it as I liked how cool it kept things and the lack of noise. And just the challenge associated with it.

So right now I have a Ryzen 1700 and a 1080Ti (still have my M8 Case) and I am thinking about doing a dual loop.

My parts list is as follows;

2x Laing DDC 3.2 PWM 18W Pump ( MCP35X )
    2x HEATKILLER® Tube 150 DDC
    1x HEATKILLER® IV for TITAN X and GTX 1080Ti - ACETAL
    1x Alphacool Eisblock XPX CPU - Intel/AMD - polished clear version
    Ultra Clear Tubing (1/2 - 3/4) 13/19mm Tubing

As for Rads I am thinking the UT60 on the PSU side of the case for the GPU and a UT45 on the board side for the CPU. I am either going to reuse the fans I currently have or get some newer PWM fans and a PWM splitter.

I am on the fence about coloring the liquid but if I do one loop with be red, the other green (thoughts on dye/additives?) If I don't it will be straight Distilled and Daz protect.

So there you have it, talk me out of it or help add fuel to the fire

Cheers,

Chris
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

All quotes aside, would I recommend it? Hmm, tough call. I would say it looks like its something you want to do and not just for the benefit of the cooling, so if you have the money I would do it.

For dyes/liquids I always go with an actual liquid now, rather than just water with an additive. Had problems with just water and protect when used long term. Feser one I used for about 2 years and no staining, mayhems pastel 1 year no problems (as long as you turn your system on at least once a day), and mayhems x-1 I've only used about 4-5 months with dye, but no staining on the blocks and it was red dye. Thermaltake liquid is what I have in my systems now but still testing. Seems fine. Point is go with an actual coolant that has additives for fighting corrosion as well as biocides to prevent growth, is my advice anyways. Protect your expensive blocks.
    My Imgur

Comment

I'd get 3.1 pumps less noise and vibration
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

need to add this build to the Can-am contest

it will be really great

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
          I'd get 3.1 pumps less noise and vibration
          I was thinking about the 3.25 as they offer PWN control (Motherboard supports Pump control on the CPU PWM headers) Are they that much worse then the 3.1?

I may put my name in the contest, its not going to be anything super flashy though.

I was looking at the Mayhems XT-1 additive and the EK Cryofuel premix to fill the loops.

What are people using for rads these days? I went with the XT line as it is what I was using before, but is there anything better?

The more I talk and think about it, the more I want to make this happen !
          Last edited by drkCrix; 09-06-2017, 03:39 PM.
          Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

for rad, I use Darkside most of the time
            they are really great

or EKWB if I need thicker one

Comment

Darkside MP360 for GPU and LPX360 for CPU? Enough rad there? Each will be its own loop. The key is I need the CPU loop to have a Xflow fan so that I can get the tubing just right.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Yes Sir! we always come back to the fold.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Its gonna happen, just need to work out all the finer details

Comment

Working...
                  X